CrazyBoards.org

Effexor XR at 75mgs

Does anyone have positive AD effects or Antianxiety effects from taking a small dose of Effexor XR like 75mgs.

The reason I ask is, after the starter pack was over, I was already feeling brighter.

BUT it could be that my Lamictal just started giving me AD effects.

OR the combo...

Just curious if any of you have had success with Effexor at 75mgs

Ammity I was on Effexor xr at 75mg for about 3years for Depression and Anxiety and it maintained me really well for that time. I had a big relapse after that period and went up to 150mg for another 3years untill this year and I've just finished tapering off it coz of side-effects and poop-out.

I guess people like me and you are just really sensitive to venlafaxine which is good when you can take really low maintenance doses, but really bad when you want to withdraw from it.

Peace

PF

I have a had great success with Effexor starting with the first week at 37.5 - the 2nd week at 75 mg and was on that for 2 - 3 months.  I have been on 150 mg for about 2 months.  Effexor has been a godsend.  I haven't felt this good since I first started having the GAD and panic attacks in 1989.  I can even get on airplanes without 5 beers!

• 1 month later...

I haven't been able to get higher than 75mgs, it works great for me at that dose, espec. in combo with Wellbutrin.  Lamictal was no fun for me.  put me in a black depression after 3 days & I went off.

J

Does anyone have positive AD effects or Antianxiety effects from taking a small dose of Effexor XR like 75mgs.

The reason I ask is, after the starter pack was over, I was already feeling brighter.

BUT it could be that my Lamictal just started giving me AD effects.

OR the combo...

Just curious if any of you have had success with Effexor at 75mgs

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest kartwyl

i took 37.5 mg/day for a month, felt a little bit better after 3 weeks, and on doc's advice upped the dosage to 75 mg/day and have been steady at this dosage for ~3 months.  every 3 or 4 weeks i have felt 'one step' better.  this drug was a godsend for me, and i have been fortunate that i did not suffer any side effects. no nausea, no headaches, no tired spells, nada!  i am a headache/nausea prone individual and i have probably had 2 headaches in the last 4 months as opposed to 1 headache or more per week.  my tylenol consumption has gone down significantly...mcneil can no longer make tons of money off of me, although i think wyeth is doing a lot better thanks to my effexor prescription  ;)

without effexor i would be 6 ft under.

good luck!!

It's also my miracle drug.  I did the ramp-up kid.  1 week of 37.5mg and then 75mg after that.  I felt a significant change in my mood after the third day.  I hear this isn't typical but this drug is a godsend for me.

I'm in my third week at 75mg and the change in me is wicked-amazing.  People are asking me what's happened to me lately--that I seem completely different.  Friends have told me that even my voice sounds different.  I've lost 10 lbs.  I have a follow up appointment with my doctor next Friday to discuss how the meds are affecting me and whether or not we need to up the dose.  Right now, I'm thinking it's not really necessary.

I got some side effects at the beginning.  I'm hyperaware of what's going on with my body, so I tend to feel things a bit quicker and a bit more pronounced than a lot of people.  I felt like a walking science experiment for about a week.  The only side effect that seemed to stick around is the loss of appetite, but I think that might also be psychological. 

I've had three friends actually get off their bums and go into their doctors to get help for their depression after seeing how much Effexor has helped me.  If that's not a vote of confidence, I don't know what is!!

i thought 75mg was good, but responded better to 150mg.  then it kind of pooped out a little and i went up to 225mg and then 300mg and it was a bad mistake.  id say 75mg is the best dose if you can feel better on that, and if not try 150mg but if you dont better on that it might be a better idea to switch to cymbalta, but who knows, maybe cymbalta withdrawal is even worse than effexor, anybody have any idea?

Archived