CrazyBoards.org

I am not the most patient person at the best of times, but this waiting for them to make thier determination is hell, even though I know that they may not exept my claim until I appeal it.  I've been dx with borderline personality disorder (What a stupid name...), panic disorder, agoraphobia and depressive disorder. I haven't been able to work for the past three years because I freak out under any kind of resonable stress and panic  when out in public most of the time. My boyfriend has been taking care of me but can't afford to keep doing so. I REALLY could use some help. I have some physical problems as well as being certifiably cracked and I don't have insurrance. I'm sure other people have gone through this. I'm freaking out and having a hellova hard time not burning or cutting. Just needed to vent, my shrink is out of town this week  ;)

Hey!!  It is definetely hard waiting for an answer to your claim.  I applied this past December and was denied the 1st time in May.  I hired an attorney as soon as I got my denial letter.  BTW, 70% (dont quote me) get denied the first time, I'm not sure the percentage for mental cases.  I don't know how long you have been waiting, but just hang in there.  You can go ahead and speak to an attorney tho, before being denied.  I didnt know that until I had been denied.  Maybe if you go ahead and attain and attorney or at least speak to one, they can help you with your case.  They know exactly what the Disability Determination Board is looking for when reviewing your records.  If you arent working and have no income you should make an appointment w/ Social Services and apply for Medicaid and other benefits you could be eligible for.  I hope you hear an answer soon and hang in there.

Archived