hey ya'll

my son is four years old. when he was a baby he was very colicky,,,he is also a easy gagger, so when he cries he pukes,,,,doc said as long as he wasn't loosing wieght not to worry bout it. So we didn't, we just dealt with it.  His entire life all four years have been hell,,,,,we love him we just don't know what to do with him.  He doesn' sleep all night still, he gets up four or five times a night, so it no wonder he is mr grumpy but.  he is so full of anger and he gets so mad over such little things.  we have made some improvements over the last couple of years, he no longer walks up and punches me because he doesn't get his way...that sounds stupid,,,cuz he is a toddler and i am a mom, but the kid is built like his daddy,  rock solid and big build and tall for his age, right now he ways 75 pounds. and its not baby fat.  here are things i have noticed. his daddy usually puts him to bed.  occasionly i put him to bed or get up with him,,,,i am one of those people who need there sleep or i just cant fuctioin. about a year ago i noticed that his feet and legs seem to charlie horse on him and it makes if fuss,,,we all know those hurt pretty bad,,,,I have been sick and homebound for about five monnths now and since i can not take care of him during the day, becuase i cant take care of myself,,,it a siezure thing, anyway, i have taken up to putting him to bet at night. because he doesn't understand why he cant stay with me during the day and he misses me,my husband works late sometimes.  so there are days i only see him for few hours.  I have noticed that he reaches out for things while he is awake, its like he is mesmorized or something, then the other day, we were cuddling in the bed and he kept looking up to one side then the other. there wasn't any thing to be looking at.  I took him too the doc awhile back and he suggested vitimins and if that did not work the would do a blood work up on him, and if that came out fine he might need to be evaluated by a pshyc. doc.  do little kids really get bi polor and stuff like that.  Oh and is speach is not up to par to what i think so i am going to have a speach thereapist talk to him and see what she thinks

Snuggs,

The only answer I can give you is that they believe BP can begin in childhood. There are some on here that said theirs started at 5. There is a book called the Bipolar Child that is excellent in that area. My son was a difficult child. He had night terrors until 5. He is now 25 and I believe he is BP. He won't go because he doesn't want to be on meds. That's a whole other story. I'm sure their are others here who may be able to help you more.

Glad you are here and welcome to the boards!

Sondra

my 3.5 yr old has a lot of those issues. the last 6 months he has been quite violent with me. can be very mean to me. gets a look in his eye that i cant describe but when i see it i know  what im in for. it seems weve gotten past the worst for now. the hitting is getting farther apart. hes being more polite. but its strange to me because i know that he is such a really sweet person on the inside- he just has this...issue?

he has also been rather intense since he was about 1. well, ok, birth. but it became a lot harder to handle at age one.

i have thought of bipolar, too. but i fear labeling and everything that can come with that for a child. so for now im just at a loss.

Archived