Am I on crack, or.....

Okay. So every friday I go to a "sheltered workshop" to make "art projects". I call it the "tard farm", affectionately of course.

Today, Mary, another epileptic, who has atonic seizures, had THREE IN A ROW without a real recovery time. The thierd one was tonic-clonic, which she NEVER has.

In my universe, thats status, and we call the squad. 

But the people "in charge" shooed me away, told me not to call the squad, and while the morons who run the place were trying to reach Mary's husband at work, I'm going "Guys, she's in  STATUSCALL THE GODDAMN SQUAD!!"

Thier explanation? "She's dehydrated." RRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrr.

While we were waiting for said husband, Mary had a fourth siezure. I was ready to kill. 

So at what point do I say....fuck y'all, I know more about epilepsy than you do and I'm callin' the damn squad?

Meantime, God I hope she's okay.

in my bubble world we say hell shit fuck and fire.,,,,i know very sacrilages and all that good shit.  I would have freaked like you did, but my new nuroe,  seventh nuroe doc in five months has pretty much left me to hang for ahwile. I cant take the valuim in an emergancy wich for me is brain turning to jello seizers from hell, I wait it out two hours and then i take the valuim, or if i have somewhere to go which is not often.  they are going to cut all me meds the gabitrill and the clonopin, up the antidepresent cuz when i heard all this shit, my comment was why don't you just put a gun to my head and kill me now.  I might get my zanex back and I will get to keep the amytripytline, and probably the flexerall.

when this shit first started we were talking 3 to  15 minutes 20 times a day, my poor body was so damn wore out i though i would die.  Now days without my valuim at home and some days a trip to the hospital for iv valuim i would be non functionl forr hours.  so till the ninteeth, next app. I am screwed. so I feel for you.

sorry to hear you had to get that freaked out, like we all need more stressers in our lives right now.

Uhhh yup thats /status/. Dehydrated or not it can still kill brain cells, if not YOU.

Signed,

died for 60 seconds having 3 or 4 in a row. I wasnt the one counting.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's what I thought, Kass. Next time, I won't be polite. 

The big deal, apparently, was that the ambulance cost 200 bucks. And the hopital was expensive. And Im thinking....okay, great, we're going to let her risk DYING (20 percent chance, if I remember right) rather than spend the money?

Grrrrrrrr.

Uhhh yup thats /status/. Dehydrated or not it can still kill brain cells, if not YOU.

The pattern you described, with one or two relatively short-lived tonic-clonic seizures at the end are rarely fatal, unless she has a history of breathing or cardiac dysrhythmia problems along with her seizures.  It's technically a status condition, but one that doesn't lead to a terminal conclusion anywhere near as often as the non-stop E-ticket ride of a tonic-clonic / clonic-tonic seizure or seizure cluster that just doesn't stop.  Those are the ones that kill, or leave one in a coma / vegetative state.

But the event would have been harmful in many ways, and immediate medical intervention is the prudent thing.  An IV certainly would have made the ensuing hangover less hellish.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So...at what point would you have stomped your feet? I mean this woman who runs the place, I wonder why she got into the Tard Farm buisness in the first place. She's a fantastic buinesswoman, but treats the "clients", as they're called, like unruly puppies or small children. And this is one of her EMPLOYEES, for cryin' out loud. So she was totally calling the shots...what kind of leverage do I have in that situation?  "I'm an uberspazz and I know more about epilepsy than most doctors" may be true, but somehow I doubt it would carry much wieght with the Wicked Bitch... 

Archived