Lorazepam at what dosage does your work?

Guest PinkToo2grrl

there are so many things that can affect dosage, age, body weight, personal chemical makeup, the reason the med was prescribed. 

example.  I am almost 6 feet tall, 40 something, and not "petite" in stature.  I am prescribed .5 mg of ativan as an anti-anxiety agent which works well for me, more than that and I can't function for day tasks, like working.  1-2mg as a sleep aid which is NOT working, so I switched to seroquel.  different purposes, different dosages, different results. 

call your pdoc, and tell them the .5 is not working and ask what is the max dosage they would recommend is.  They know you and what else is going on with you meds and health wise.

meds and dosages are so unique to the individual, what works for one person is not going to work for another.  When in doubt, ask the pdoc!

Good Luck Lilie!

Have you been on any benzos in the past? Especially recently?

I switched from klonopin to ativan without any time between them, so I still had klonopin in my blood and probably somewhat of a tollerance.

I took something like 60 1mg ativans within 30 minutes (letting some disolve, chewing some and swallowing others) without any effect what so ever.

I then went back to klonopin and eventually was taken off that. About a month or so after stopping klonopin, I found my leftover ativans  and decided to try it out at the prescribed dose (1mg 3x a day). It wasnt very strong, but I did notice an effect.

I switched from klonopin to ativan without any time between them, so I still had klonopin in my blood and probably somewhat of a tollerance.

I took something like 60 1mg ativans within 30 minutes (letting some disolve, chewing some and swallowing others) without any effect what so ever.

I then went back to klonopin and eventually was taken off that. About a month or so after stopping klonopin, I found my leftover ativans

I then went back to klonopin and eventually was taken off that. About a month or so after stopping klonopin, I found my leftover ativans

I then went back to klonopin and eventually was taken off that. About a month or so after stopping klonopin, I found my leftover ativans  and decided to try it out at the prescribed dose (1mg 3x a day). It wasnt very strong, but I did notice an effect.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think that if you took something like 60 1mg ativan (lorazapam) at once you probably would not be here now. 

I think that if you took something like 60 1mg ativan (lorazapam) at once you probably would not be here now.

;)   Which is exactly how I interpreted the post - possibly a deliberate attempt to "not be here now".  Don't try this at home kids, tomorrow is another day!  Talk to someone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I didn't think you could overdose (i.e. kill yourself) on benzos alone. Unless you're washing them down with copious amounts of Southern Comfort.

Edited to add that I'm not suggestion that anyone actually try to OD on them or take more than the recommended dose!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived