Home Work

Guest PinkToo2grrl

Guest PinkToo2grrl

The more I leave the house, the more I want to stay in.  Sort of like that T-shirt "The more I know people, the more I like my dog" or something like that.  This being the case I should probably cross post this in the new Social Phobia heh!  But I won't cuz I'm lazy.

So, I have been trying to find ways to profitably work from home, and thus far everything is a scam, or not really all that profitable.  I'm getting so desperate to find "a better way" that I actually almost fell prey to an infomercial for "making money at your kitchen table in your underwear."  Insomnia and infomercials ... bad combo.  I'm thinking someone should take away all my credit cards quick.

I am always a day late and a dollar short, and it doesn't help my anxiety and depression to always be in the hole.  But then the energy level after the anxiety and the depression and the insomnia worrying about how I am going to pay my bills doesn't make it possible for me to have much recreation, much less another job. 

So kids, what are y'all doin to pay the bills.  I know we have a bunch of super brilliant folks with highly creative minds.  There have got to be some pretty neat ideas for working from home and outside of this 9-5 world that is gonna be the death of me.

Enquiring minds want to know.

~~~~~~~~~~~

P.S.  Thanks to the powers that be for the new fora!

<running around and mucking about the place>

So kids, what are y'all doin to pay the bills. I know we have a bunch of super brilliant folks with highly creative minds. There have got to be some pretty neat ideas for working from home and outside of this 9-5 world that is gonna be the death of me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Quite honestly, my father faced a similar problem.He had a job and got really sick of it. So... he quit. left.

With several woman's catalogues in hand, a digital camera, and a large number of women's shoes at his disposal, [he did live with my mother, my sister and I] he started up an E-Bay store.

All three of us wear larger sizes.

He sold a few of those and bought some bulk lots, shined them up, took nicer pictures of them and resold them, usually for a much higher price but always for a profit- simply because he described them better, and had better lighting.

Got any old clothes?

~navy~

What do I do to pay the bills?

Where I live, disability benefits are not enough to get my own place, so I live with my parents.

Which is fine, because my disability results in the inability to maintain a residence.

I do wish that there were more "telecommuting" (working from home) options for certain employees with mental disabilities. And I don't mean starting one's own business---rather, I mean working from home for an employer and get benefits and a living wage.

The problem is that telecommuting options can be difficult to implement.  There are problems with working from home (workers compensation, productivity levels, motivation, trust).  The few employers who do provide this option give such opportunities to employees who have been working for a long time and have shown that they can be trusted and meet productivity standards.

• 2 weeks later...

My husband makes the majority of the cash and I work part time (max 20 hours a week) I also want to start a home business. I love books so I have been thinking about selling books online via amazon.coms advantage seller program but from reading all of the seller postings after all of the hard work they average about 8 dollars an hour in profit. My friend owns a home jewelry and candle business. She says it's 24-7 work preparing, selling, marketing, etc but she loves it because it's hers and she reports to no one. She's not making much money yet but she loves doing her own thing. So maybe find something that you'd want to think about and be around for 24 hours a day 7 days a week (at least mentally) and go from there. Do a crapload of research before you start and get help fromyour local small business association before you do anything.

Lilie

Archived