CrazyBoards.org

Using a shared computer, and I can't log out properly

When I opened the board this morning it immediately logged me in - despite my having always signed in with "do not remember me", and deleting the cookies when I leave. However, things are totally different now that I've opened the board for the first time since the upgrade. It lets me log out, but as soon as I click on "delete the cookies" it refreshes and logs me right in again. I've searched through the cookie folder on the computer, but even removing things there doesn't solve the problem. VE, do you have any ideas?

thanks!

I don't know if this is it but have you tried checking to see if it's remembering your password? Also, try doing a shift-refresh to see if it's remembering your cached already-logged-in page instead of reloading it with you not logged in. (Sometimes a regular refresh doesn't work.)

This was actually happening despite my having unchecked "remember me", and it was clicking on "delete cookies set by the board" that was somehow logging me in again. Anyway, thanks for the responses. It seems to have sorted itself out this morning.

This was actually happening despite my having unchecked "remember me", and it was clicking on "delete cookies set by the board" that was somehow logging me in again. Anyway, thanks for the responses. It seems to have sorted itself out this morning.

If when you logged out, it actually refreshed to show you as a guest (and if you refreshed the page in the browser as well).. it wasn't the board. My guess would be your browser cache and auto-complete function. If it happens again, clearing everything and closing your browser should work.

OK, I made a setting change that might help but it will also make it impossible to stay logged in at the same time on two computers.

I actually like that function. I stay logged in on this computer at home, but I like being able to check my new posts elsewhere. Can we change it back or make a function to bring up all the new posts over a certain time period, regardless of if they are "unread" or not - i.e. on a guest account where it doesn't keep track of what I've viewed? Otherwise, I suppose I could make a new account to do the same thing... but that seems a bit excessive.

Archived