CrazyBoards.org

It seems like every day I go out and everybody thinks I'm a girl. Even people I've known for a long time keep coming out with comments at the moment that make it clear they think I'm female and it makes me paranoid (even more than I already am with my anxiety) and wonder how many more people I know who think I'm a girl but I don't know that and so can't even correct them. I get petrified every time I go into the toilets when I'm out because once I was in a uni venue and got pulled out of the toilet by a security guard and I had to show them my student card and bank cards and everything to prove I'm male.

I always wear male clothes, I wear a chest binder (which isn't as effective as it could be because my chest is big but that's genetics for you), I have short hair...I don't know what else I can do without hormones which the 'authorities' are STILL mucking me about with, saying they're worried about how it will affect my bipolar if I go on testosterone. What they don't understand is how destablising being read every single day and having stupid things happen to you because people don't believe you're the gender you're trying so hard to present is. Some days I just feel like giving up.

I'm sorry that everyone is being so insensitive. I can sort of understand strangers going on your appearance if they are guarding a loo, but I know friend who look biologically one gender, but idenitfy as the other when I speak to them, so I try not to assume very much. It's an area that people need more education on.

Archived