CrazyBoards.org

Was Always SZA, Now New DX?

Guest Guest_ToxicAngel01_*

Guest Guest_ToxicAngel01_*

Hi There,

My normal screen name is ToxicAngel01, but ever since the boards came back up, I haven't been able to log in for some reason.

Anyway, wasn't sure where to put this. I saw my pdoc today, and she has been my pdoc for a good while now, and the whole time I've been seeing her, my dx has stayed Schizoaffective. She uses the number code system on my records, and so under "Diagnosis" it always says 295.70, which if you look up the number system on the net, that means Schizoaffective. Well today, I noticed a new number on one of my papers. 296.34. So I came home and looked it up. And this is what it said that number meant; "Major depressive affective disorder recurrent episode severe degree specified as with psychotic behavior". Okay, can anyone explain that to me in English? And how does this dx differ from SZA, and why do you suppose she would change it? I'm kind of confused, she didn't say anything to me about my dx changing, I just noticed this myself after my appt. was over.... Well, TIA for any info or anything.

ToxicAngel01 here; like I said I was having trouble logging in, so I cleared the cookies on my browser per the advice of Velvet Elvis, and then it worked. But by then I had already re-registered with this account to see if it would work. And I like this name better anyway, so I think I'll stick with this account. (For now at least, never know how I'll feel tomorrow. *rolls eyes*)

Anyway, really hoping someone can tell me what this diagnosis means. And by the way, the diagnosis on my regular paper that I always get, was still 295.70 aka SZA. But it was on a script she wrote me to give to the lab to have my lithium level checked, that's what she wrote the different diagnosis on. (296.34) Any reason she would give the lab a different dx for some reason? Hoping for some answers, cuz I don't understand what this new dx number means, and why she would tell the lab that was my dx..... Just confused, if anyone has a clue please let me know. Thanks.

I think you need to ask her these questions yourself, you really need to have the kind of trust and relationship where you can ask and she will tell you. None of us can know your diagnosis, even from a code, because it is personal to your history and specific to that psychiatrist's call.

I know you're right, and I'm planning on trying to muster up the guts or whatever it is that I normally lack, and ask her about it when I see her again in a couple weeks. I have been through so many pdocs and tdocs, I just really struggle with developing a trust between them and myself.

I was hoping though that until I see my pdoc again in 2 weeks to ask her personally, that maybe someone could tell me what diagnosis this fits under or something. Not looking to replace the advice here w/ pdoc's, just hoping for maybe a clue on this in the meantime.

I will bring it up, though, on the 25th which is my next appt.

Archived