What does a High Blood Pressure headache feel like

I am eating 10 aspirin a day as I'm getting these weird headaches where it hurts on the top and all around my head, it feels like it's going to explode. I usually get them under pressure. I think my blood pressure cuff broke. I take Avapro, but I have a feeling it's finally heading toward strokes-ville, as I'm 50 with diabetes and lots of fat in my blood.

Does anyone know what one of these headaches feels like? It's not a migraine - had those years ago. It's not sinus or around my eyes. I looked up cluster headaches and it says Lithium controls them but I take lithium.

Thanks, Susan! Wow, those are some good links. You sound like The Headache Expert after what you've been through!!! I hope you are doing much better now.

I've had migraines and I know what they are like. I've had sinus sinus headaches some mornings but only when the barometric pressure changes.

These headaches are new and nothing helps them. I will be going to the doctor this week and will tell him.  I've tried taking a Blood Pressure pill plus a Klonopin when I get them, and they still don't go away. (Wouldn't they go away if it was anxiety or blood pressure, then?) I want to ask for a test on my carotid artery.

The hom blood pressure testing kits with a meter and a cuff and a built in stethoscope are cheap, and I think they are more trustworthy than the fancy electronic ones. Recommend you get one and find out what's going on. (I think they cost about the same as a copay for an office visit.)

Thanks, I have one at home and I don't think it's working right. One day it said 192/112.  But mostly it runs around 150/100. Which is too high, I know, and I need another blood pressure pill added on.  (When you are on lithium you can't take a water pill).

Archived