CrazyBoards.org

valium for MRI

;) I get to go for another MRI, supposedly its going to be for a WHOLE HOUR

--yikes!

i was wondering if taking valium would work well enough for me not to freak out & stay still? [did it work for you?],

or should i be uhhhh [cant find the words] asleep while they do this...

i had a bad panic attack last time!

-all scared-

& had NIGHTMares since the last one..

:)

also is anyone this scared of MRIs? O_O?

=^._.^=

<3kat.

if you take a sufficient dose of valium (more than you would take for say a meeting you are nervous about) then you should be fine.

I second that. Perhaps you could even bring some with you to take during the MRI if you still get jumpy?

• 2 months later...

if you take a sufficient dose of valium (more than you would take for say a meeting you are nervous about) then you should be fine.

I second that. Perhaps you could even bring some with you to take during the MRI if you still get jumpy?

i tried it and it didn't work i had a total of maybe 5 mgs in my system, and I DIDNT KNOW how much was enough. I ended up rescheduling and got 'put out' HONESTLY that was FUN! All and all, I found out the 'tumor' wasnt anything and the 'seizures' were just anxiety tics? BOO. Total complete waste of my time ! I've come to find [from my mom] I've had anxiety since I was 4. No one ever looked into it! OH well. Now we are. Finally... LOL.

Archived