CrazyBoards.org

Seizures or rage?

So for the longest time I've had these mini- siezure/rages/things... Let me describe them and then hopefully someone out there can tell me if they sound familiar:

For about 1-3 seconds my hands clench up, my whole body tenses, my teetch gnash down and grind and I become filled with intense rage. Not hatred of anything persay just a need at that moment to lash out (if I'm holding a pen I grind it into the desk, a knife I slice it across the table, a fist I punch it into a wall).

I'm fully aware of whats going on when it happens and can direct my body during the "fit". I feel no desire to hurt others during it, only inanimate objects.

They seem like little "rages" because of the anger issue, but feel like seizures because of how my whole by seems to spaz (dont mean that in a deragatory way) out. Also I find they come mostly when I'm relaxed and especially when I am bored. Is this something to do with being BP or my meds?

Edit: I forgot to mention I had them when I was on Wellbutrin and before I started Topamax.

So for the longest time I've had these mini- siezure/rages/things... Let me describe them and then hopefully someone out there can tell me if they sound familiar:

For about 1-3 seconds my hands clench up, my whole body tenses, my teetch gnash down and grind and I become filled with intense rage. Not hatred of anything persay just a need at that moment to lash out (if I'm holding a pen I grind it into the desk, a knife I slice it across the table, a fist I punch it into a wall).

I'm fully aware of whats going on when it happens and can direct my body during the "fit". I feel no desire to hurt others during it, only inanimate objects.

They seem like little "rages" because of the anger issue, but feel like seizures because of how my whole by seems to spaz (dont mean that in a deragatory way) out. Also I find they come mostly when I'm relaxed and especially when I am bored. Is this something to do with being BP or my meds?

Edit: I forgot to mention I had them when I was on Wellbutrin and before I started Topamax.

This has happened to me while I was on Wellbutrin, too, but also while taking other meds or taking no meds. (It seldom happens to me on Lamictal.) I've always considered it a momentary outburst of rage, but I don't know much at all about seizures so I can't really say one way or the other. Do they feel like they've been building, or do they fly out of nowhere?

Sorry, I guess that wasn't much help, just some commiseration.

Funny Wellbutrin, my favorite depresson med, was mentioned. While on it, if I could have, I would have gnawed on the whole planet. I was furious 24/7.

As for spikes of rage, yes. I've bitten my arm I was so mad and had no outlet. I discourage this, as bite marks look like bite marks for a while.

Tell your doc. That sounds very rough to deal with.

Archived