CrazyBoards.org

How to get decent help for BPD

Well, it just happened again, a new supposedly VERY effective therapy for borderlines is now being dangeled in front of us.....joining all those other oh-so-effective therapies that we can never access....cause if you're an American you have to be rich to access the medical system at all...at least without expecting to be made worse for your efforts..... This new one is called "schema" therapy (almost makes me wanna run & hide upon the sound of it alone....nevermind.....just "sourgrapes".......) and as expected, you're lucky if you live in Michagen, NY or Connecticut (and in just one city in one of those places....) and outta luck if U live anywhere else. BTW, anyone experienced in "transference" therapy (my favorite unaccessed type)???? Please do tell! Anyone experience the shallowness and gimmiciness of DBT???? Anyone past the "need to cut" phase only to find out nobody's there to help you get any further????? Anyone out there who has found a way out of the nightmare of BPT WITHOUT having to submit to the psychotherapy shark-pool? Anyone out there figured out that BPT is a "crock" diagnosis? Any psycho-angels wanna swap some competent e-help for some free gardening (or whatever)??????

Any psycho-angels wanna swap some competent e-help for some free gardening (or whatever)??????

For some reason I thought you were ragging on people on this board. I realized that you weren't. My apologies.

Utterly cynical I admit but no fake. My one experience with DBT was from a woman who pointed out that she paid hundreds of dollars to buy Linehan's films and then stuck me in front of one of them alone in a dark room where I had to listen to this talking-head tell me not to cut myself and think about a beautiful waterfall instead....when I had no problems with cutting myself....just wishing the idiot wind would tear through me and blast me into a million smithereens so I wouldn't feel the pain of being stuck here inside this useless unemployed bod. I fired her the next day so SHE would know how it felt. Now I have NO therapist so maybe I SHOULD be a cutter, so SOMEBODY would understand!!!!!

Archived