CrazyBoards.org

There's a new therapy for borderlines called "Schema Therapy" and it's based on working with the therapist to identify early maladaptive patterns such as the "self-sacrifice schema" or the "negativity schema" ..... there are a couple dozen of them...and then with this sort of overlay, one's emotional glitches can be better understood and worked through. I TRIED to reproduce the whole overview from Jeffery Young's webpage....to no avail, so you'll have to look it up yourself at [link=http://www.cognitivetherapy.me.uk/schema_therapy.htm" target="_blank]http://www.cognitivetherapy.me.uk/schema_therapy.htm[/link]

I really like this approach, because it doesn't shy away from or shut down one's own personal truths, and lump everyone into one suffering mass in need of a one-size-fits-all band-aid, no fingers pointed.

And Americans with 10th rate health insurance or none....can lift these concepts quite easily...into one's own therapy situation, or into one's own self-help plan.

In an earlier post I debunked this approach, before finding out what it was. Bad mistake! If you're not a cutter, or past that stage, and still in the dark about what really pulls you down, you owe it to yourself to have a look at this.

Cutting is not the only form of SI that people who suffer from BPD use, nor is it a stage, for some people, they do it for periods of time, others for all their untreated lives. I find that last inference a bit insulting, personally.

Guest Guest_nowvoyager_*

Cutting is not the only form of SI that people who suffer from BPD use, nor is it a stage, for some people, they do it for periods of time, others for all their untreated lives. I find that last inference a bit insulting, personally.

Ok, point well taken. I apologise. I hoope nothing I said detracts from the very real advance this "schema" approach entails.

Archived