CrazyBoards.org

I'm really hating my job....

This past few weeks have been torture for me at work. I don't know that it is, (my environment hasn't changed at all, the same old crap) but I feel SO stressed and on edge, so much so that it carries over to my home life.

I work in a law firm, and it's basically all that I've done and I'm kind of stuck in this field, because it's all I know. I really want a change, even working in Starbucks or something seems appealing to me at this point, but I can't afford a huge pay cut at the moment.

I really feel (and I know that this is wishful thinking) that I need a break from work. Almost like I'm on the brink of a nervous breakdown or something.

My grandmother is supposed to be selling her house soon, and she told me that she would give me the money to pay off my bills so maybe at that point I can afford to make a career change.

Just had to vent. Thanks for listening!

Believe me, I'm right there with you. Sort of a need to just run out screaming all the way. I've been out for a week, not by choice mind you, and have to go back tomorrow--oh God I need a change...

It's times like this, I miss unemployment. Hell, I even miss rehab!

I love my job. I just forget that some day weeks. But I remind myself its the BP talking and keep pushing through it. I've got to many responsibilities to fuck up now again. I just take it a day at a time that's all any of us can do really (yea it's not sage advice, but it's real and that's what I'm best at).

I'm on short term disability and I'm bored as shit. I work in the "fast-paced multi-tasking 24/7 environment" of IT. After one week back I know I'll be wanting to be back on disability.

It just goes to show you, the grass is always greener in someone else's pipe ;)

i have SSDI and haven't had a "real" job since august when i tried the "trial work period or TWP that SSDI gives you) and i remember having a really hard time with it. while i'm at home and bored off my ass sucks, i know that work breaks me and makes my bp a lot worse, so i put up with the boredom. i know that i could do more, like volunteer more or something, but there is pressure even there and it's too much for me.

you've got to do what you've got to do!

you might want to try a short leave. i think that under FMLA you can, but i'm not too familiar with the inner workings of FMLA. see if the leave helps. maybe you'll bounce out of your rut. also tell your pdoc and see about a med tweek if you need it. you're experiencing anxiety that you didn't have before at work, so something may be wrong with your meds now.

Archived