CrazyBoards.org

Yet Another Newbie!

Well, while researching some things that I have been thinking/doing on the internet, I came across this site, and, after reading some posts to get a feel for it, I decided to join on impulse! From reading around this site, I found I liked the fact that many of you have problems similar to my own, and that there is no lack of support here-I saw many posts with understanding (not condescending) comments, and I found no flaming and little criticism.

So a little about myself? I am currently juggling my job and my Freshman year of college (and forcing in some gaming time in there as well). I am also trying to get out of my room (but not too much), and get a life, and dare I say it? Friends!

And...I know I have some issues which drew me to this forum in the first place...some depression, cutting, fleeting antisocial thoughts/impulses, peppered with fears and anxieties, past abuse and destructive secrets! Ok, I have had a panic attack or three, and maybe even a Xanax prescription...

But the gritty details can wait for later, as this is supposed to be my introduction and not my life's story. I have once again found another forum to sit my lazy self in, and I hope that you guys don't mind having me here! I also hope to have your understanding if and when the time comes for me to reveal more about myself. See you around!

Hello and welcome. I'm new to this board as well. I was active on another board similar to this one (you've probably noticed us acting like it's our high school reunion or something on the welcome board). I understand about slowly revealing more about yourself. I felt like I "knew" everyone on my old board, and I don't handle change very well, so I'm a little hesitant to reveal very personal things about myself. Maddy did tell me that there is a way to post anonymously. I'm not sure what it is yet, but it's probably explained in the tech section.

Good luck!

Thanks for the welcome Rachel! Yeah, there seem to be a lot of CrazyMeds refugees coming here haha. I'm a newbie to the entire Crazy(insert forum name here) thing completely though ;) .

I am enjoying the humor here! The section comments even gave me a laugh or two, especially the OCD one-"CLICK HERE REPEATEDLY". The humor here definitely reduces the the negativity and the sadness that discussing/reliving those issues can bring. I hope I can become more than a bump on a log here!

Hi,

I will warn you, the boards will either result in you getting a life, which could be scary, or you sitting crackboarding and never getting one, which could be bad.

Either way, welcome.

Yeah. One more thing to keep my glued to my laptop and in bed all day ;)

Archived