Lexapro--worth trying 7.5mg before 10?

Well, I think there is a fairly good chance I will have to move up my Lexapro dose from 5 mg because even though it is definitely working, it is not working perfectly (although maybe that is too much to expect).  If I do increase it I would like to go up to 7.5mg because I think I maybe only need a just a *little* bit more.  Plus I promised myself that I would only move up in 2.5mg increments because I'm afraid I will be tempted to go off them if I don't make the ride as smooth as possible for myself.  I was so reluctant to take medication that I had to go though two years of absolute hell before I could convince myself to take them.  So I don't want to do anything that might jeopardize my progress, but on the other hand I don't want to waste too much time taking inadequate doses.  Thoughts?

Boring? Nah I think it just seemed you answered your own musings.

While many people play with and fine tune their own doses of meds, it is always best to talk it over with your Doctor so they at least are aware of what you are doing.

Totally up to you if you want to try such a small increase.

I didnt last too long on Lex so I have no advice on this particular one. It does look like most here on it are on at least 10 to 20 mg's.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes for you.

It makes complete sense to me to want to be on the lowest effective dose. If 5 mgs is working pretty well, 7.5 might just be the bump you need. Having the 5 working pretty well means that you have time to experiment with smaller incremental doses, and if that helps you not overshoot the dose that's going to work for you, then hurrah.

I hope it works.

Greeny

Archived