CrazyBoards.org

Is withdrawal from Cymbalta irritating my Mitral Valve Prolapse?

Guest Guest_Dan_*

Guest Guest_Dan_*

Message to dd55:

I have MVP and have stopped (tapered from) Cymbalta about 2 months ago.

Background on Cymbalta:

Never had any problems with it. May have lost it's effectiveness (slightly) over the years, but all in all, it's been a good drug to me.

Background on MVP:

Was diagnosed at age 21 and I am now 37--I have never had a problem with MVP. Very, very infrequent episodes of heart flutters (maybe 2-3, 5 minute episodes per year)

What brings me to this site is this:

About two weeks ago, I received a call from an insurance company saying I owed them $6500 for a bodily injury claim from a car accident two years ago. The surge of adrenaline led to an intense episode of MVP palpitations which I thought would go away in a few minutes like usual, but never has my MVP been so specifically linked to a stressful event.

Now, two weeks later, I have been living with a different heart. One which has been disrupting my workouts and my lifestyle. Needless to say, I'm devastated. Palpitations, murmurs, sighs and a combination of those sensations occur constantly throughout the day. I swim regularly, but now can't do so without a heart rate at 150 bpm --before I even push off the wall!!

I have taken an EKG--normal.

I have worn a holter monitor--nothing "serious" detected.

Am taking an echocardiogram tomorrow as well as a stress test, and will then be meeting with a cardiologist for the first time.

Any light you can shed on my situation (an expert I can talk to, website where I can find information, etc..) would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much,

Dan

Guest Guest_dd55_*

Message to dd55:

I have MVP and have stopped (tapered from) Cymbalta about 2 months ago.

Background on Cymbalta:

Never had any problems with it. May have lost it's effectiveness (slightly) over the years, but all in all, it's been a good drug to me.

Background on MVP:

Was diagnosed at age 21 and I am now 37--I have never had a problem with MVP. Very, very infrequent episodes of heart flutters (maybe 2-3, 5 minute episodes per year)

What brings me to this site is this:

About two weeks ago, I received a call from an insurance company saying I owed them $6500 for a bodily injury claim from a car accident two years ago. The surge of adrenaline led to an intense episode of MVP palpitations which I thought would go away in a few minutes like usual, but never has my MVP been so specifically linked to a stressful event.

Now, two weeks later, I have been living with a different heart. One which has been disrupting my workouts and my lifestyle. Needless to say, I'm devastated. Palpitations, murmurs, sighs and a combination of those sensations occur constantly throughout the day. I swim regularly, but now can't do so without a heart rate at 150 bpm --before I even push off the wall!!

I have taken an EKG--normal.

I have worn a holter monitor--nothing "serious" detected.

Am taking an echocardiogram tomorrow as well as a stress test, and will then be meeting with a cardiologist for the first time.

Any light you can shed on my situation (an expert I can talk to, website where I can find information, etc..) would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much,

Dan

YES! Talk to your doctor about TOPROL! Saved my life .. or shall I say my sanity and comfort of living.

It's a GREAT drug to control those palps, skipped beats, stress .. and too much andrenaline. Trust me!

Dee

Archived