CrazyBoards.org

I can't believe it!

My little brother is going to have a baby!! He's 20.. 21 Nov 5th; she's 17. Two months pregnant. Girlfriend. Living together. HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!

I'm gonna be an Aunt. From my little, baby brother.

Needless to say I'm in shock..

Just.. Wow.

Congradulations! Know how ya feel - little sister had her's just after her 18th birthday. It's a mind fuck that's for sure. Best thing that ever happened to her though, really was. Plus now I get to play "super uncle" kid loves me every time I see him its like everyone else is chopped liver, totally rocks getting to be the cool uncle.

Thanks! ;)

I'm actually pretty excited about it now. I know he'll be a good dad. I can't wait to have a little person in my life to love and cuddle!

So, even if it's not a great time for it.. the kid will end up in a good, loving place. That makes me happy. :)

aunti cet,

glad that you ain't down in the dumps like you were just a few months ago. you will have your hands full baby sitting soon enough. i don't care to change another diaper again. let 'em rock with a load on until papa and mama arrive back to the shanty. meany pants, i know :-)

I'm happy for you both. How are your parents taking it? He's going to need a lot of family support.

Thanks. ;) They're taking it surprisingly well. Inwardly my mom thinks he's too young, but outwardly she's very supportive. Mike is very happy with their response. And he's not going to get married just because of this. They're going to keep living together and take one day at a time. Plus, if it gets to be too hard.. I can see them being able to live at my parents. All-in-all.. it's the best it can be given the circumstances.

aunti cet,

glad that you ain't down in the dumps like you were just a few months ago. you will have your hands full baby sitting soon enough. i don't care to change another diaper again. let 'em rock with a load on until papa and mama arrive back to the shanty. meany pants, i know :-)

Heh. I actually don't think I'd mind changing diapers.. I've always had a soft spot for kids. I'm still down, but I do have a bit more energy after getting my thyroid back in reasonable range. That does alot.. as does not working. I dread starting again. I know I'll go downhill, but there's not much that can be done about that.

I had my first when I had just turned 20 (bf just turned 21.) My parents took her overnight every weekend since she was 2 weeks old (we were in the process of moving and they kept her 1 night, and since she slept very well it became a regular thing.) It was the best thing that could have happened to us. That little peanut is a teenager now with 2 siblings and their dad and I are still together. The support we had from my side of the family had a lot to do with a successful outcome for all involved. New parents need advice, sleep and time away from baby without having to beg for it, and sometimes pride will get in the way of asking for help when it is really needed. I loved it when relatives would offer, as in, I would love to take baby to the zoo, rather than ask us "Do you need any help?" Damn, didn't mean to write that much. Anyway, have fun being an auntie!

Archived