Remeron experiences anyone

The paxil that I'm on is making me wilder and more excitable than ever so the doc is suggesting remeron. Can anyone tell me about their experiences on it? Anything speedy makes me want to jump out of my skin.

Thanks

Lilie

Hi:

I have had trouble with most SSRI's, but could tolerate Remeron. I liked it a lot for sleep. I have an anxiety disorder, and sleep is a big problem for me.

Remeron is weird in that "less is more" in other words, you have to start out at a low dose, which may make you groggy in the morning, but you can quickly move up to a comfortable dose where you wake up feeling fine. I took 45 mgs at night. You should usually take it at night. The last time I took it, I moved up in a matter of days, but we are all different and it depends what you are taking it for, and what else you are taking.

I found that it gave me a bit of a spring in my step, and kept me on an even keel for my anxiety. The one thing I didn't like was the weight gain. However, I will take it any day over the anxiety I feel without it.

It pooped out on me after several years and I have moved on to another cocktail of meds. I do use it as backup though when other things don't work out.  I have had THE hardest time finding stuff that works. If you are careful with your weight, (and this doesn't happen to everyone) and exercise regularly, you will be fine.

I highly recommend this med. It is different from all the others, and I too went to the ceiling with most other AD's. Good luck!

Breeze

I've been on 30 mg Remeron for a week.  I found with both 15 and 30 mg that I got gradual improvement every few days, and that I got better fast.  I also haven't noticed side effects other than occasional headache, but since Effexor gave me flat-out three-day migraines, I'll take the minor ones Remeron is giving me.  I'm very happy with it so far. 

Lillie, Hi! Nice to see a new face in here..

I have been on Remeron for a while now and I tell you...they will have to pry it from my cold dead hand to get me off it! I have never been so stable. The weight gain is an issue but thinking of driving off the Hundv

Paxil really isn't supposed to be "speedy."  It's really one of the more sedating SSRIs Some people get increased anxiety for the first week or two that they are on it.  If you're getting massive bursts of energy out of it you might want to keep an eye out to make sure you're not getting (hypo)manic.

hey lilie...ya u sound alot like me i was started on paxil first for major depression from my diabetic doc. but soon found out my depression was due to panic n anxiety which the paxil just made 100% worse! i've been on 60 mg of remeron since 02 n breeze is right about it poopin out but i'm still better than sheer panic 24 7! n less is more as far as sedation but even on the higher dose i can usually get out of the panic quite alot easier than off it! good luck to u....i go back to my p-doc for dose ajustment wed. so wish me luck too! ;)

flutterfly

I have taken Remeron ONE time (last night) and I think it was 15 mg.  It was 1/2 of the pill she gave me.

I am so sleepy I can hardly stay awake at work.  I overslept and couldn't get going at all this morning.  Still thinking about going home.

;)

Guest Guest

Beth Remeron is a funny drug! At the LOWER doses it is much more sedating! Are you going to be on a 30mg dose?? I am at 30mgs ..for about 6 monthes now and while I do experience a certain lack of energy at times it is no where near as bad as when I first started!!

Good luck!! Lisa

ya lisa is right beth it took me getting to 45 n then 60 mg over a month before i could get up n stay up the lower the mg. the more sedation wouldn't of known what to do if i had to get up n go to work getting the adjustment right!

good luck with getting used to it!!!! but don't get me wrong i would be in a straght jacket without it!!!!!!!!! ;)

flutterfly xo

Archived