I need opinions, this won't take long. I promise

I was supposed to go stay with my sister this weekend. Right before I go to buy my bus ticket. She tells me that her boyfriend is going to be staying at her house as well. Well she also informs me that he was in rehab for addiction to xanax. Xanax is one of the meds that I am on. I told her that I didn't feel comfortable going to sleep with him in the house knowing that my meds were unprotected. I also didn't know if he might take other pills out of the other bottles. Do you think that someone that has a problem with pills like xanax would stop to really read the label or would they just open the bottle and just start popping a few?

I feel that he would have taken more than just the xanax and it could have ended up in a really big mess considering the meds that I'm on. That's why I chose not to go. I feel that I made the right choice. I want to know what you guys think.

Thanks,

Erika

I would say that if you do go, either REALLY hide the meds, or peraphs take a sm. locked box.  I battled my own deamons w/ prescription drugs, although for some reason I never abused xanax.  But there was very little control when it came to any pain killer.  If I knew it was "in the house,"..I would find and take them. So you are right to be worried.  If he is truly in recovery,..he likely wouldn't feel comfortable w/ them in the house either. 

Archived