CrazyBoards.org

Name: olga

Diagnosis:Depression

I was trotting along in life, minding my own business, when I realized that I was crying for no reason, having difficulty getting off the couch, and didn't want to go out and get a job after being laid off. This went on for almost two years. I started reading up on the various meds I was taking (for glaucoma, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol), when I discovered that two of my Glaucoma meds listed depression as a possible side effect.

This happened in my early 50s. Prior to that, I had (and have again) a very satisfying life. I started researching antidepressants, which led me to CrazyMeds and CrazyTalk and lots of nice nutty people who don't think I'm weird to be taking Wellbutrin. Most of my friends and family think you can just think positively and everything will fall into place and your pancake batter will be smooth every time.

I enjoy gardening, cooking, taking care of my chickens, and spending time with my sweet Baboo, and my dog (Finley) and my two cats (Phil Jackson and Miss Kitty). I've been married twice, I have stepchildren, and have worked as a sales representative, public relations director, fund-raiser, waitress, bartender, short-order cook, and cleaning lady. I'm scared of clowns, I don't like liver, and you have to shackle me to get me to watch television.

This place helped me regain my sanity (such as it is!) and I hope I can offer support and information to others.

Meds: Wellbutrin 300 XL, Lumigan & Alphagan (Glaucoma), Diovan (Blood pressure), 3 regular aspirin per day (stroke prevention), and a multivitamin, calcium, and magnesium.

Past meds: Zoloft, Cymbalta, buproprion.

Supplemental treatments: A balanced diet, over 2 liters of water every day, 40 minutes of aerobic exercise every day, a little bit of sun when it's out, and one glass of red wine for the cook

Edited by olga
Update. Changed med list