Manic & sex

Guest Lee

I'm married and used to always manage mania without being too excessive or spending too much.  During manic cycles the last 3 years, I sometimes lose all inhibition and must have release.  Spouse isn't interested these days and solving own problem gets old.  For 15 years of marriage, never even kissed another but now I don't hesitate if I get horny.  And it has to be wild sex, not average - like several hours to all night long and will do almost ANYTHING partner desires to keep going and somewhat aggressive sexual play.  Have certainly expanded my experience in partners, positions, location & oral.  Still love spouse and don't care about lover as soon as the eve is over.  There are enough people who have a baser nature and I have very little trouble finding someone when I'm interested except that I have to know them so feel in control/safe and they have to be single...double standard there. Faintly bothered with marital guilt but not enough to stop because it feels so good!  Haven't lied about it but haven't volunteered info either.  Rarely fantasize about lovers, unless mania continues longer than usual...then really want to have same lover again during that cycle.  Realize meds should probably be adjusted but haven't discussed this issue with pdoc other than to say hornier than usual.  All other MI issues are under control with limited side effects, so pretty happy with my med cocktail. 

Guest Guest

Honestly - usually too gone to care other than making sure they are pretty nice people that I already know...it's a fairly small community and I don't know people that are into drugs.  Also don't hang out with those that drink excessively, etc.  Not very tolerant of those that are known to bed hop every week, either - there's another double standard from me! (Except that my behavior isn't that often...yet)

I feel you, Lee.  Oh, yes.  I got lucky tonight.  I got home so late that no one answered my manic phone calls.  And I was too hyped up and lazy, yes, lazy to drive anywhere.  I feel guilt, but its not a normal kind.  I guess I can't explain it right now.  After all its 5:34 am, and I'm on the damn computer. ;)

Sigh.  Yeah...been like that for me, the past few months, extremely hightened right before I got on my meds during my highest manic period in years...slowed down, so now I'm not just a crazy sex fiend,  not the insanely crazy, gotta have it NOW, ROUGH...and well yeah. 

I remember when I was first diagnosed that my doctor just smiled and said "yup, yup" when I told him of my intense sexual encounters.  Apparently, it's typical?

Guest Guest

Thanks for telling me that I'm not alone in the occasional crazy sex fiend dept!

My doctor made the same reply about it being typical but didn't suggest any solutions.  Even commented that most husbands 'certainly won't turn you down' when I described the horney phases.  Unfortunately, my dh has turned it down, even saying at one point 'you can back off any time'.  I won't initiate with him on a bet now and he's content with that.  Considering 5 am arrival back home a couple times when I started this post, he's gotta know but we don't discuss openly and he doesn't criticize (did tease when I didn't want to go to work because sleepy).  We both still care for each other and considerate of work, hobbies, etc...just have very infrequent, tepid sex.  We have a child at home to consider and both try to keep things smooth for her.  I'm okay most of the time....just sometimes feel there's no control....it is fun though. (insert bashful smiley here)

Lee

Archived