Any of you get angry when Panicking?

Ok, I've been told I have GAD, but I wonder if it might be something else.  I find that I get crazy angry fits mainly when my anxiety is really high and/or I'm having a panic attack.  I hate it and its so weird because normally I'm the most docile person (practically a dormat) and yet when this happens I get so angry.  I literally feel like my blood is boiling.

For example, earlier today my cat was trying to get some food (he'd already been fed) so he was rubbing up against me and doing things I usually think are cute, and I had an urge to just kick him across the room (I didn't do it!).  I don't know why I'm feeling like that and I don't know what to do about it.

Any suggestions?

Kelly

I can get angry really easy when I'm riding high on anxiety. Like I'll snap at my husband or just yell my head off, because I just get completely overloaded and kinda snap. I'll yell at my cats too, if they're bothering me or trying to climb into my lap when I'm trying to deal with something.

Sounds to me like dysphoric mania (feel free to correct me, anyone, if I'm thinking of the wrong state).  I get high-strung, get-the-fuck-away-from-me spells that my pdoc says are part of Bipolar disorder. 

For example, earlier today my cat was trying to get some food (he'd already been fed) so he was rubbing up against me and doing things I usually think are cute, and I had an urge to just kick him across the room (I didn't do it!).

Oh, god, I know how that is!  My animals are generally perfectly adorable and can never be too demanding of my attention, but when I get dysphoric I have to clench my fists and bite my tongue to keep from screaming at them (or worse).  Sometimes I'll have my dog lie down and stay for about ten minutes if she's in a hyper mood, just to keep some distance between us.

Archived