ok, here's the deal. for the last 3 hours i've been getting these really weird sensations. it feels like my brain contracts for a moment and then an electric current runs through my body to my feet. it doesn't feel bad, just really weird. and makes me feel a little anxious.

for the sake of trying to connect the dots:

dx: bipolar II, bpd, add

rx: 100mg. celexa am; 20 mg dexedrine am, 10 mg dexedrine pm; 20 mg celexa pm; klonopin .5 mg as needed (for sleep, anxiousness, freak outs etc.)

is this what brain zaps feel like? wtf? what is going on?

i was taking 40 mg of celexa every evening until about 3 weeks ago. then i just decreased to 20 mg, no taper. didn't notice anything weird at all.

suddenly, tonight ... just weird sensations. are these brain zaps? i don't forget anything, just feel really electrified for a second and then this sort of tingly rush goes through my body.

WTF? :cussing::wtf:;):):cussing::cussing:

Hi,

I don't know anything about your med combination, but I am quite familiar with the Cymbalta brain zaps. For me they are like a zapping feeling in my head, followed with a shiver in my shoulders and dizziness. Sometimes it feels like my brain is skipping like a scratched up LP. When they are really bad I can hardly drive, and I try not turn my head too quickly.

I would get the zaps usually when I forgot to take my Cymbalta. Recently I went off the Cymbalta, and although I took it slowly, the last week was hellish. What helped, though was hitting the couch with a little Klonopin. Much better that way.

-- B

rx: 100mg. celexa am; 20 mg dexedrine am, 10 mg dexedrine pm; 20 mg celexa pm; klonopin .5 mg as needed (for sleep, anxiousness, freak outs etc.)

is this what brain zaps feel like? wtf? what is going on?

i was taking 40 mg of celexa every evening until about 3 weeks ago. then i just decreased to 20 mg, no taper. didn't notice anything weird at all. ...

ok, yeah. i wrote that totally wrong.

rx: 100 mg. lamictal am; 20 mg. dexedrine am; 10 mg. dexedrine pm; 20 mg celexa pm; klonopin .5 mg as needed.

yeah .... that makes a difference, eh?? ;)

wow. i was thinking, but not typing straight.

Archived