Lamictal- How many times a day

Even though I have read the suggestions to split up the dose, my pdoc has me taking all 400mg at night. She doesn't think it is a problem, but who knows if she is correct, just her opinion I guess.

Erika

Even though I have read the suggestions to split up the dose, my pdoc has me taking all 400mg at night. She doesn't think it is a problem, but who knows if she is correct, just her opinion I guess.

Erika

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I take 400 mg in the morning and I really want to split the dose.  Any suggestions?

I take 400 mg in the morning and I really want to split the dose.  Any suggestions?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Based on the responses in this thread, there's a number of ways you could split it. I'd suggest asking your pdoc if s/he has a preference, and if not doing it by adjusting some of the med to the evening and keep shifting until you're at a split you like and/or feel well.

Fiona

Thanks Fiona, I guess that I am more scared of adjusting the lamictal in the evening because I am afraid of the seizures...I am a big baby when it comes to those brain zaps.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In this case, you definately want to involve your doctor in the shift!

Fiona

wow ok, it seems that everyone does it different.  The reason why I asked this question is that the literature I've read on medlineplus.com (where i visit often for medication info) says Lami is to be taken in 2 equal doses.  This leaves me confused, since my dr never told me when or how to take the Lami, just the dosage.  I take all 200 at night to avoid drowsiness... but if it supposedly works better in my system taken 2x a day then well... i should prolly do that. who knows!

i'm with blackmilk on sleeplessness.  i take 200mg in the morning and 50mg, working up to 100/200mg at night.  since i started taking it at night i have been very sleepless.  but strangely enough i don't feel like i missing any sleep...  perhaps a mild cycling.  i also take 100mg of serquel at night and that too keeps me up.

I am one of those people who take Lamictal twice daily and in equal doses..... 200mg in the morning and 200mg at night

definately involve your doctor before you attempt a switch!  just to be safe

~Ophelia

Archived