i guess i'm pretty stupid.

but in plain terms. what did that study really say? and what is ltg?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LTG=LamoTriGine.

As for the study, it says that cord blood levels of Lamictal are the same as the mother's, but it takes so long for the baby's blood levels to drop (3 days later, the blood levels were 75% what their mom's were) that they don't get rebound seizures. And the Lamictal that's there doesn't seem to be giving them problems.

Online Medical Dictionary:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/encyclopedia.html

ok so the baby is used to getting the lamictal too, supposedly without getting damaged.  i think if i get pregnant ill be under close supervision of a pdoc and tdoc... but i dont think ill risk my babys health taking any psych meds unless it is an occasional HAVE-TO-TAKE dosage.

baby born with seizure/bipolar medication in him/her... the kid has no chance of beginning life with a normal brain. its allready being medicated ;)

i guess i'm pretty stupid.

but in plain terms. what did that study really say? and what is ltg?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ammity,

You are not stupid at all. The post was technical. Thank you strungout for the further explanation. But as strungout mentioned the Lamictal does not seem to cause the new born any problems. In many cases there can be more damage to the baby if a mother is not treated for depression or BP while pregnant. Having a depressive episode while pregnant can, among other problems, make a woman more susceptible to post-partum depression and also can have a negative effect of mother-infant bonding.

Erika

Archived