Anyone tried Surmontil(Trimipramine)?

I like most of what Amitriptyline does for me, but I can't stand the overheating it causes.  ;)   Trimipramine isn't an SRI or NRI, but I can't find any info on it's main metabolite.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It says here that trimipramine has at least two metabolites: 2-hydoxy-trimipramine and N-desmethyl-trimipramine. They took a sample of this person's liver tissue (by the way, she died of intentional overdose) and the levels were 1750 μg/kg for trimipramine, 850 μg/kg for 2-hydroxy-trimipramine, and 225 μg/kg for N-desmethyl-trimipramine. So far, it looks like 2-hydroxy-trimipramine is the main one.

It says here that desmethyltrimipramine is the major active metabolite. How active it is compared to parent compound is unknown.

Just in case you wanted to know, this abstract tells you which hepatic enzyme is responsible for which metabolites, and that trimipramine is racemic. It doesn't say which ones are active, though.

To see what any of these things look like, click here. Each picture on that page is a link that will take you to a picture that is bigger and labels all the non-carbon atoms for you. If necessary, you can zoom in.

Thanks for the links.  ;)   I am going to have a SWAG that desmethyltrimipramine is going to have activity as an NRI since that's what happens with other TCA's: Amitriptyline & Imipramine are weak NRI's but moderate SRI's, but their main active metabolites Nortriptyline & Desipramine do a flip & become potent NRI's & insignificant as SRI's.

Archived