CrazyBoards.org

Is this ok combo?

HI all,

I hope posting in right forum,

I take following:

Zoloft 200mg daily

Klonopin 1mg as needed

Norvasc 10mg daily (for high blood pressure)

Tylenol w/ Codeine #3 as needed for migraines

Now my pdoc wants to add Geodon

I suffer from OCD and severe depression, Zoloft was working fine for a while but things getting worst and not working i assumed would change to another SSRI but gave me geodon 80mg daily,

That geodon has way too many warning and putting my OCD in overdrive, luckily i have no heart problems just the high blood pressure

but how safe is it to mix with all these drugs? I checked out the link on the top and it gave me all these moderate warnings.

Also I still like to have a few drinks a week at night and have never had a problem with my mix before is it safe with Geodon?

Also I still like to have a few drinks a week at night and have never had a problem with my mix before is it safe with Geodon?

Your medication mix includes acetaminophen, codeine, and klonopin. You require medication to control your blood pressure. Also, you say your OCD and depression symptoms still aren't under control.

It's not the Geodon that you should be worried about. You really should not be drinking - at all - when you are on these medications and you've already developed high blood pressure. Mixing alcohol with a benzo and an opiate is just stupid, no matter how many times you've survived it without remembering a problem. For their own part, alcohol + acetaminophen + HPD doesn't destroy the liver immediately except in overdose, but liver damage usually progresses quite far before a person ever notices symptoms from it.

Your medication mix includes acetaminophen, codeine, and klonopin. You require medication to control your blood pressure. Also, you say your OCD and depression symptoms still aren't under control.

It's not the Geodon that you should be worried about. You really should not be drinking - at all - when you are on these medications and you've already developed high blood pressure. Mixing alcohol with a benzo and an opiate is just stupid, no matter how many times you've survived it without remembering a problem. For their own part, alcohol + acetaminophen + HPD doesn't destroy the liver immediately except in overdose, but liver damage usually progresses quite far before a person ever notices symptoms from it.

your right but i should have said i don't really mix alcohol when taking the codeine and benzo, those are as needed, maybe 1-3x a week,

stuff i take everyday is zoloft and blood pressure medicine, i was more worried about geodon since that is everyday

Archived