CrazyBoards.org

Britney Spears

Is it just me, or does Britney Spears seem to be more borderline giving her relationships than bipolar? Why are people so quick to say someone is bipolar because they have mood swings and act "crazy" This pisses me off to no end. It's like saying you must have schizophrenia if you hallucinate.

If I were to bet, I would bet she's going to be DX'd bipolar at some point. But about her relationships... hasn't she had a couple sort of long term ones? The getting married didn't last very long but as a relationship itself it wasn't over that quickly, it doesn't seem. Just trying to get something more in depth from you.

I would not think that having a long term relationship would not rule out having bpd. I'm not doubtful at all that people with bpd can maintain relationships, but just because you are in a relationship doesn't mean it's good or healthy for you. Two people with bpd can stick together but bring out the worst of being bpd; the same as having bipolar and probably a mix of any other disorder. Misery finds comfort in company, especially company who's in the same boat.

No.

I am not really trying to make a point but only speculating. I am not a doctor nor do I know Britney Spears personally (I assume the same goes for you). I am wondering why:

Why are people so quick to say someone is bipolar because they have mood swings and act "crazy"

I think bipolar has been the flavor of the last couple of years like ADD/ADHD and Asperger syndrome. Just because someone exhibits some symptoms of a particular disease doesn't mean that person automatically has it.

I think there are many similarities between bipolar and BPD. Even the pros can confuse them without adequate info.

Does that make sense?

Why are people so quick to say someone is bipolar because they have mood swings and act "crazy"
Because it's the easiest conclusion to jump to maybe? People don't know a lot about bipolar that is accurate but they know a lot less about BPD, making it less likely that diagnosis would come to mind. When people think of bipolar they just think of being crazy at this point, I think. Like it's an all encompassing diagnosis.

I mean, people are uneducated, and that's what it comes down to.

I think there are many similarities between bipolar and BPD. Even the pros can confuse them without adequate info.

Does that make sense?

Yeah, definately. Sorry to pull you off course.

Luna

• 3 weeks later...

I'm loving her latest songs (Hot as Ice, Radar, Piece of me, Gimme more, and Toy soldier) They keep me dancing all day.

Wasn't she released early during her 72 hr hold?

What's up with her:

Going to the courthouse and leaving without going to court?

The British accent

Going to Mexico with Adnam (papperazi)

Wanting time travel "back to the future" A Psychotic episode?

When asked what her opinion re: bush and the war she stated that "I think that we should trust our president". That tells you she is whacky.

When asked what her opinion re: bush and the war she stated that "I think that we should trust our president". That tells you she is whacky.

exactly.

hee hee.

Besides that, didn't she think sushi was from Africa or something like that? That's just stoopid. heh.

Personally I'd like to see a reasoned, detailed defense of that statement.

As if...

Personally, I don't like ANY form of government. period.

so any president shouldn't be trusted.

nor should any form of government.

But that's just my opinion.

crazy and all.

I know I shouldn't give a shit about Britney Spears, but I can't help but wonder what it's like to be in a baaad mental state and at the same time having flashbulbs constantly going off in your face, and being endlessly hounded by those scuzzy paparazzi.

I wasn't even going to reply anymore to this thread because I got snark and off topic stuff, but I think Bumble is on the same track as with what I'm thinking. Having people hunt you down all day while you're losing it would be worse than anything I could ever imagine. I feel bad for her; I don't think she's asking these people to record her meltdown. Some people get off seeing other people suffer, and that makes me sick.

However we recognise this young girl shes still in desperate need of help Im so glad shes been sectioned watching her go further and further down hill has been painful,she clearly needs help,but then again so do millions of others,she has the money and now the support I truely hope she can make it through the otherside,shes a mom and her boys need her to get well!

Well, I'm guilty of suspecting bipolar and her behavior reminds me very much of mine when I was younger. I am dx bipolar1 and complex PTSD...sometimes switched to BPD. I can't sort this stuff out.

But before dx they need to rule out substance abuse. I think she tested positive for amphetamine during one of her arrests. They also described her as popping pills constantly including antidepressants...so it could be (bipolar3) or drug induced mania.

I don't like her music or image. I've never paid attention to her but I do feel for her now. I can't imagine how much more unbearable my younger and crazier days would have been if it had been documented everywhere I went.

As for BPD, damn sure sounds like a f'ed up child hood and yes, I'm inferring that connection. Looks like an abusive exploitation to me. She's not exactly intelligent or given to much self reflection from what I can see. I wish her well. I'm here today mostly because this has brought up a lot of stuff for me.

Sometimes forgetting is a very good thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived