CrazyBoards.org

Who is in charge of the View New Post button?

Just a suggestion. I would like to not have all of the newer posts changed so often.

I have many reasons for this request but first I'll just ask.

Please let the posts stay there for a while.

"New posts" is determined based on the last time you connected to the site (exchange of username/password between browser and web server, and all that.) YOU control that, although the connection tokens are usually re-exchanged in the middle of sessions lasting past midnight.

Anyway, the posts didn't go away. If go to the board that you're following, they are still there. Better yet, try using the search function, as many of the current topics have been getting recycled over and again anyway. If you don't know which boards you've been posting to, it's unlikely that you need to be posting more follow-ups. ;)

"New posts" is determined based on the last time you connected to the site (exchange of username/password between browser and web server, and all that.) YOU control that, although the connection tokens are usually re-exchanged in the middle of sessions lasting past midnight.

Anyway, the posts didn't go away. If go to the board that you're following, they are still there. Better yet, try using the search function, as many of the current topics have been getting recycled over and again anyway. If you don't know which boards you've been posting to, it's unlikely that you need to be posting more follow-ups. ;)

OH.. now I am so confused. I just hate to dig, search, for what I want to check on. My only real

reason is just speed. It takes time to look at the boards.

There are other reasons too.

Dusty

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Bean! I figgured this one out, finally.

Scroll to the top of this page, where Dusty's post is---look at the upper right-hand corner. You'll see "Options." Click on that, and it helps you track the topic, copy it, email it, etc.

Hope that helps.

olga

• 3 weeks later...

I know someone is not keeping all the active topics up on the "VIEW NEW POST" page long enough.

What is wrong by letting them stay for a day or two.

Or leave two full pages up.

It makes it easier than to go back and look at all the forums to get the one searched for.

YES, ya think?

As null explained, it is based on when you connect to the site. It's just how it works. So it looks different for different people. No one is taking them away.

One thing you can try, instead of simply leaving the board or signing out is click "Delete cookies set by this board" at the bottom of the forum everytime you want to leave. This usually will keep the new posts function from refreshing and removing the older posts. It should anyway.

One thing you can try, instead of simply leaving the board or signing out is click "Delete cookies set by this board" at the bottom of the forum everytime you want to leave. This usually will keep the new posts function from refreshing and removing the older posts. It should anyway.

YOU mean there is no plan to drive me nutty?

Thanks

Dusty

YOU mean there is no plan to drive me nutty?

No plan at all. Why would we need to do that, when you must already have been nutty to come here in the first place? It really is completely automated, and no one is "controlling" it, making stuff stay longer or go away sooner. It's completely automatic, based on how often you visit the site and log in/out.

I second the suggestion to use the "track this topic" feature. I use it all the time, since that way the stuff you're actually trying to keep track of will always show up in a list in your control panel, which there's a link to at the top of every page, whether it's in the "new posts" list or not.

Archived