CrazyBoards.org

cymbalta< How much are you taking

Thanks ;):)

As everyone has gone thru, it is better to look at a dose modification before

tossing something just cuz ur not at the right level yet.

This encourages me that I should look at perhaps asking about an increase..

as last week I was told we might go back and try effexor if there was no improvement soon.

Very similar med, but when I started duloxetine, I thought it was better then,, cleaner n all

anyone want to weigh in on that aspect?

thanks again

david

Effexor is the devil drug as far as I'm concerned - they're not kidding when they say that once you're on it, you're almost stuck because it's such an absolute nightmare to come off it. It pretty much wrecked me, and I finally switched pdocs, only to be told that with my particular flavour of BP1 I should never have been on it in the first place. That said however, I do know of BP patients who are on it and doing fairly well. I'd just suggest giving cymbalta a really good shot before you consider a switch like that.

When I was on Cymbalta, 60 mg was just fine and did the trick. However, it took a long time to completely kick in. I felt some effect the first month, but the total good feeling didn't happen until 8-10 weeks. I think you need to stay on it long enough to give it a chance to work.

olga

My daughter's doctor switched her from Effexor to Cymbalta with absolutely to problem. PDoc explained that they are in the same family but that coming of Cymbalta would not be a problem. She's been up and down (and now down to 30 mg. of Cymbalta) with absolutely no problem.

Moral of the story - maybe try Cymbalta if you want to come off Effexor. It may take the edge of in one way or another.

Effexor is the devil drug as far as I'm concerned - they're not kidding when they say that once you're on it, you're almost stuck because it's such an absolute nightmare to come off it. It pretty much wrecked me, and I finally switched pdocs, only to be told that with my particular flavour of BP1 I should never have been on it in the first place. That said however, I do know of BP patients who are on it and doing fairly well. I'd just suggest giving cymbalta a really good shot before you consider a switch like that.

• 1 month later...

I have been on a combo, but now cut to zyprexa and cymbalta..

Presently on 40mg of cymbalta, but have noticed a number taking higher than this..

So,,

How much are you taking...

really appreciate

thanks

david ;)

taking 60mgs, question anyone have any side effects on this dosage if u forgot to take meds for one day??? i forgot to take it yesterday and was getting brain zaps last night, today so dizzy can barely stand. i just realized i forgot my cymba. yesterday, anyone have this happen to them????

Archived