CrazyBoards.org

I thought it was the med.........

I saw my Pdoc( that feels good to say that, as if she is mine) for the first session and we talked and talked. She does get paid for that too, can you imagine that. She has degrees and license for

meds and counseling and evaluating meds. HMMM. to much for me.

One appt is not enough. She did say that I should stay on my self increased dose of 15mg as she didn't know me well enough to make the call, and thought it was good to see my GP also. Now I have to see my GP, today, as I ran out sooner and the drug store was keeping track of refills. SOB's. Big brother is watchin'.

Anyway I thought I was feeling hypomanic due to the stimulating effect of the lexapro. I mentioned this to P Dr. and she said NO... meds don't do that at all. hmmm(dusty is thinking)

What should I be thinking, that is the question.

I do get depressed if not on meds, YES, but why the hypomanic states on meds. Now that I have increased the med I seem to be very calm all the time.

There is a change from being excited thinking fast thoughts, feeling compulsive to post, being funny,

talking to everyone, being impulsive in buying. I just feel settled now. I lost that hypo feeling

but still have a confidence to speak up and not have Social Anxiety or depression. I feel serious for lack of a better word and less creative.

Dusty

I was gonna say the same thing as Shiny...and have often suspected this of you Mr. Dusty. I guess the pdoc was hot.

Ms. Danger, suspected this, hmmmmm. :) . I do know of the AD indicator of BP, as I had big time rages back in 2005 /2004 whenever this self discovery, of mental awareness started and I was happily taking zolfoft recovering and started going off in a BP nasty way. SO I stopped taking the med, later regressed depressed, saw GP then. GP said it wasn't likely as late onset BP was not common and was more like a bad zoloft reaction and to switch to lexapro.

I like the hypo manic, it is very energizing. ;) . Nothin like it, driving fast, buying whatever, being funny...LOL too.

DUsty

I am not a blogger, I come from a history of posting. LOL. So a continuation of sorts....

It is so funny, (not) that my triggers are skin deep. One thing is that I rebound quickly.

I did go to my GP yesterday as I needed to see him for a refill on my med. I was still somewhat upset over some kiddie crap.

It was just a far cry from my Pdoc visit. Just "ok want more med, doing ok, increased your dose, seeing a pdoc ...YEA lots of ppl get depressed this time of year. Bye."

So I told him I may cut back to 10mg now that SAD season has past. No reply. HMM. LOL and all of that cherrio.

WOW.

Later Dusty

So I told him I may cut back to 10mg now that SAD season has past. No reply.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: When did you become an MD? Where did you do your medical studies?

And why are you bothering to go to a pdoc and a GP if you're going to doctor yourself?

Puzzling.

olga

So I told him I may cut back to 10mg now that SAD season has past. No reply.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: When did you become an MD? Where did you do your medical studies?

And why are you bothering to go to a pdoc and a GP if you're going to doctor yourself?

Puzzling.

olga

Sorry if I am confusing this....

I saw my Pdoc She has degrees and license for meds and counseling and evaluating meds.She did say that I should stay on my self increased dose of 15mg as she didn't know me well enough

She stated that I should have informed the GP of my increase, so I did yesrterday, and he reissued a script. Asked me if I wanted 10 plus 5 or just cut the 10mg in half. Honestly I am confused at the roles each plays. Olga. I was not planing on Doc'in myself but when I told the GP

I was thinking of cutting back, he was fine with that. Next step would be to confirm this with my new Pdoc. ;) .

There is much going on that I have not said. At least this is progress. :)

Dusty

Okay, maybe we're not defining terms.

A tdoc is a therapist---she can be an MSW, or a psychologist, or someone with a degree in a related field who has training to do psychological counseling. However, generally a tdoc is not a medical doctor and can't prescribe meds.

A pdoc is a psychiatrist. She has trained as a medical doctor, and can prescribe meds to patients with various MI issues. Some pdocs do talk therapy: some do not.

If your "pdoc" is a psychiatrist, she should be writing the script for any pyscho meds that you're taking. The point of going to her is to use her experience and judgment in putting you on (and KEEPING you on) a cocktail of meds that will help you to function in society.

If you're getting your crazymeds from a GP, how much experience does he or she have with these issues? Would you go to an ophthalmologist to get your blood pressure medicine? This is my confusion with your situation, and I don't understand why your doctors are letting you determine how much of the drug to take. It makes no sense. Your GP should not be overriding the wishes of your pdoc.

I'm not trying to be critical, but I don't see the point in going to a pdoc if you're not going to listen to her medical advice. She said that you should stay on 15 for now. Why aren't you doing that? That's my confusion.

olga

I'm not trying to be critical, but I don't see the point in going to a pdoc if you're not going to listen to her medical advice. She said that you should stay on 15 for now. Why aren't you doing that? That's my confusion.

olga

You asked. Thank you for the concern, too.

No, I am going to stay on the 15 as I feel different now, better. This is the confusing part. I saw her in a state were she can't script but can elavuate. She was also big on taking the min amout of med. This fact not to change stuff on my own is now implanted in my thick head.

Olga, even I can see the hugh benefit of seeing her vs the rushed GP, who was very flippant in my humble opinion as to my care, which has always been the case. That is where my self do, can do-ness came from. I am now past that thinking as she was very good and educated.

She flat out said "I know meds", I wonder if that was a sumliminal msg. ;)

Quite frankly, Dusty, I think you're generally stubborn, don't listen and do what you want, when you see fit...the GP was convenient bc he allowed you to continue doing whatever you want. Why didn't you just get your script from the pdoc? You're playing games man. And you're intentionally obtuse here....which is why Olga was (cough), confused.

Get your shit together man and stop being an ass...you're smarter than that.

Get your shit together man and stop being an ass...you're smarter than that.

DUDE, no way, grrrrr. me smart ya. ya. :)

I live in NJ and I saw the pdoc in PA and she can't do scripts in PA.

Yes ,convient, yabet with the GP, it was a good match up. I happen to be very persausive not plain ordinary bull headed.

I am not intentionlly obtuse(unfeeling, tactless, insensitive; blind, imperceptive, unobservant; gauche, boorish; slow, dim.)

So in other words my pdoc will be able to do it all , once she moves here. (kabish, cabbagepatchgirl )

Dusty ;)

edited it to add girl vs doll which was in reference to the" cough" avatar,, o dg

Archived