CrazyBoards.org

Am i depressed? diagnostic help please

I feel pretty emotionless generally, i can laugh and joke at school but otherwise i feel kinda numb and empty. i dont think its affecting my work or anything, im doing great at school finding everything easy tbh. theres jsut a feeling of "i cant be bothered to do anything", sometimes my body feels kinda heavy and sluggish. am i jsut really bored or something? Theres a sense of futility, i dont believe in god or anything like that no afterlife and it all just seems so pointless. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laveyan_satanism

thats kind of my philosophy. i hate stupidity and religion and it just makes me really angry generally. occasionally i just panic and think about death and my stomach just sinks and sometimes i feel physically sick at the thought of nothing. just not existing terrifies me, so i guess im not likely to be suicidal. on the other hand logically i didnt exist for billions of years before i was born and i didnt seem to bothered by it. i know this is a kind of rambling post. i might add more im not sure if ive covered everything.

sorry for the double post i cant edit my previous post. my body image varies between thinking i look ok and thinking im really ugly. im 16 if that has any relevance. i feel mostly contempt for nearly everyone, because of their sheer stupidity and also im not a great fan of fat people. But i can take some comfort and a feeling of superiority from the fact taht they will get their just desserts haha through all the medical problems theyll have. does this mean im crazy or something or am i just being logical and intelligent as i believe. or am i just a dick? im a great believer in evolution and social darwinism, i think that the world is not nearly elitist enough and that mediocrity is now acceptable. nobody is born equal, might is right.

Its called adolescence. ;)

Here's a simple test: Is this interfering with your job (being a successful student counts at your age,) your relationships, or your ability to deal with society in general?

If so, it's quite reasonable to look into counselling as a way to head off more trouble later in life. Think of it as an investment in your self.

i guess not really but i dont put any effort into school anyway and still succeed (modest i know) so it couldnt really. well as for relationships and society in general i dont like most people cos i think theyre stupid so i guess that can sometimes interfere maybe im jsut too judgemental but a lot of people seem shallow and insignificant. i was just wondering if its a natural thing at my age, like you say, or something that needs attention before i flip out one day and start killing people.

but overall its not really interfering, just pisses me off sometimes, makes me feel like im not like other people who seem to experience much mroe emotion than me. im not bothered by human or any other type of suffering so am i just a callous heartless person or just selfish or something. like the spankwire video etc those types of things dont have any impact on me, all my friends are digusted and appalled but im not bothered.

but thanks for your help anyway i dont think im depressed according to that test.

You might be a dick too, though. Although you might grow out of it.

Evolution and Social Darwinism are not at all the same thing, by the way - evolution is a naturally occurring process, and Social Darwinism is (at minimum) an inaccurate take on how evolution works. If you are a fan of breeding people you don't like out of the gene pool, call it that. Actual evolutionary theorists would prefer you not masquerade your personal prejudices as science.

You might be a dick too, though. Although you might grow out of it.

Evolution and Social Darwinism are not at all the same thing, by the way - evolution is a naturally occurring process, and Social Darwinism is (at minimum) an inaccurate take on how evolution works. If you are a fan of breeding people you don't like out of the gene pool, call it that. Actual evolutionary theorists would prefer you not masquerade your personal prejudices as science.

Thank you, resonance.

Adolescents and dicks get depressed too.

Don't know what the problem is with you but I hope it passes soon... maybe talking to someone if all these thoughts and feelings can't get out of your head or if you don't like how it's developing. (I myself would hate it if I started feeling so negative / prejudicial / "superior" towards other people)

I can relate to the thoughts of death and nothingness though, it's horrible.

I suspect Guest_Guest_* was a "[link=http://catb.org/jargon/html/T/troll.html" target="_blank]troll[/link]". Troll as in the second sense of the meaning:

2. n. An individual who chronically trolls in sense 1; regularly posts specious arguments, flames or personal attacks to a newsgroup, discussion list, or in email for no other purpose than to annoy someone or disrupt a discussion. Trolls are recognizable by the fact that they have no real interest in learning about the topic at hand - they simply want to utter flame bait. Like the ugly creatures they are named after, they exhibit no redeeming characteristics, and as such, they are recognized as a lower form of life on the net, as in, “Oh, ignore him, he's just a troll.” Compare [link=http://catb.org/jargon/html/K/kook.html" target="_blank]kook[/link].

So just ignore him, he's just a troll.

In Guest_Guest_*'s own words:

i dont think im depressed

Since he's answered his own question, I'm killing this thread before it becomes more troll food.

Archived