CrazyBoards.org

Cymbalta question

Hi,

I was just prescribed cymbalta and was wondering if anyone could tell me if it is possible to feel sped up after about 5 hours of taking it. I felt so bad that I had to take my bike out and ride till I was exhausted. But I am still awake and there is no sleep in sight.

My PC prescribed it and I see the PDoc in two weeks. The PC says that I will not feel it kick in for about 3 - 6 weeks. I plan on taking it till I see the PDoc and maybe he can get a look at me when am on AD's.

They all make me feel the same -lexapro- high, celexa- wound up, effoxor-wound up agitated and angry, prozac - itchy and wound for a week, zoloft worked once years ago. trazadone made me feel sleepy but i could not sleep. still felt like I had to move. Most of these lasted for about a month except the zoloft which I took for about a year and a half before it quit.

She also mentioned that I did not take my other AD's long enough for them to work. I do not think that is true because a week on welbutrin and I was having panic attacks. I do not generally have them. Especially the kind that I wake up with.

My Tdoc is of the opinion that I am add and bipolar 2. The pdoc has given me a MDD dx.

Any info would help.

Thanks

Dragonwolf

Yes I think so. My pdoc has me taking Cymbalta for ADD symptoms. I get a bit of a lift a couple hours after taking it but nothing extreme like you describe. It also helps clear my sinuses. ;) I mentioned the 'lift' to my pdoc and she told me that it isn't a stimulant. I understand it isn't a stim. Lamictal did the same thing for me.

Try to take it in the morning, and give it some time for your body to adjust. If it is a real problem, give your doc a call. Maybe a lower dosage may help.

good luck, a.m.

The peeing thing is interesting because Cymbalta is supposed to have "urinary hesitancy" as one of its possible side effects. Which is a plus for older folks but might not be welcomed by young people. You ought to read through the Patient Information sheet to get the full picture.

It's a good AD and may also eliminate minor aches and pains, which is a great side effect.

olga

Hi,

I really do not know how to describe how I feel. It is a very tense feeling. My jaws clench, and I feel like jumping out of my skin. Shaky and the need to keep moving. I went to sleep at 11 last night and was up at 2:30. I took some AZO for the urgency feeling. I think I can put up with the other side effects but the pee thing is making me nuts. I have not been able to reach the PC today, but am still trying.

How long do you suggest I keep taking it?

Thanks for the help.

Dragonwolf

Maybe you need to see your GP---it almost sounds like you have a urinary tract infection. That won't go away without antibiotics, I don't think.

I would keep trying to reach your pdoc about the other symptoms. No one here can tell you whether or not to stay on the med---that is truly a decision for you and your doctor to make together.

olga

Have you mentioned these side effects/symptoms with your pdoc? If your diagnosis is bipolar disorder, I don't find your reaction to them surprising - they sound a bit like mania, which is commonly known to be triggered by SSRIs. Are you taking any kind of mood stabilizer with the Cymbalta?

Archived