Daughter with her Dad for six months

Hey all...first time here so will try to be somewhat coherant.

Just gonna spill.  The first week of June I flew to Texas with my 3 1/2 year old daughter and then left two days later. I feel awful, but I am enjoying my time.  I miss her soooo much, and it breaks my heart when we talk sometimes...but is it so wrong to be relieved?  She is going to be there until the end of the year and hopefully I can go visit her for a week somtime before then.

I feel like some days I miss her but I am completely okay with her being gone. For 3 1/2 years, only on medicine for probably a year of that time, it's been hell. Most of the time I've felt like I really shouldn't be a mother.  So...in a way it's good she's not dealing with a freaked out mommy who just had a major manic episode a couple weeks ago.

But anyhow, not sure if I'm asking something here, just saying...being without my daughter sucks, but at the same time, I'm enjoying not forgetting so many things, and not fighting the rapid cycling while trying to stay "normal" in front of her eyes.

So hey...that's my current thingamobber happenings...hi, I'm Alicia. ;)   I'll probably be spending some time around here as I'm back on meds and on the hunt for a dr.

Alicia,

Welcome to the boards! I am sure you will love it here! I do!

What a gift to get some alone time. We all need to be able to take care of ourself. I know you miss here. My kids are grown and I love when my daughter or son come over. Well, half the time someone is living with me. But my daughter just bought a house on her own and she is only 22. My son is a whole new story.

Any hoo hoo, what are you going to do with your time w/o her? Don't ever feel bad if you do absolutley nothing. I do it all the time. Maybe you could take a class in something you've always wanted to do like basket weaving 101.

But really, glad you are here and hope to see more of you on the board.

Sondra

Thank you!  I was so thrilled to find these boards last night I know I'll like it here.

As for something to do...seems like I always had too much to do, so now it's not as bad. I have a small business on the site that I design for which is a struggle right now (creativity doesn't seem to exist at the moment, I'm sure many can related), adn I'm starting my classes back up again next month.  I swear I've been attempting to get a degree forever now!  Third year and I'm still only partially done with my first two years of requirement. Ugh.

But I'm keeping busy.  And when I'm not...I feel bad. I hope that feeling goes away soon, and hearing my girl happy at her preschool and with her daddy helps. Just, ya know...three years with the spitfire and now all of a sudden it's just me in the apartment. Very odd.

Alicia,

Welcome to the boards! I am sure you will love it here! I do!

What a gift to get some alone time. We all need to be able to take care of ourself. I know you miss here. My kids are grown and I love when my daughter or son come over. Well, half the time someone is living with me. But my daughter just bought a house on her own and she is only 22. My son is a whole new story.

Any hoo hoo, what are you going to do with your time w/o her? Don't ever feel bad if you do absolutley nothing. I do it all the time. Maybe you could take a class in something you've always wanted to do like basket weaving 101.

But really, glad you are here and hope to see more of you on the board.

Sondra

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Archived