CrazyBoards.org

OCD/Anxiety - SSRI - What is your experience? 0r Cymbalta?

Guest spiderman

Guest spiderman

I have tried zoloft, prozac, celexa, luvox, and paxil (although just for a couple days). The main issue I have is I get tired/lazy on all of them. I then tried cymbalta and found that I was doing well but after a few months I wound up feeling sort of upset off and on.

So now on lexapro for a few months and it does help with anxiety but the ocd is the same mostly. It appears if the anxiety is better the ocd is a bit better but not great. So now because I am tired I have wellbutrin 100mg sr once a day. It seems to add a bit of help for being tired but nothing great.

Now I am wondering if I should have stuck with the cymbalta since it worked OK and didn't make me as tired.

What about zoloft or paxil for ocd/anxiety? I never got to a high dose of either because I got so tired.

Or back to cymbalta but maybe a higher dose? I read some are even taking cymbalta for add and I might have some touches of that.

HELP

Guest spiderman

I guess my post sucks, sorry

I have tried zoloft, prozac, celexa, luvox, and paxil (although just for a couple days). The main issue I have is I get tired/lazy on all of them. I then tried cymbalta and found that I was doing well but after a few months I wound up feeling sort of upset off and on.

So now on lexapro for a few months and it does help with anxiety but the ocd is the same mostly. It appears if the anxiety is better the ocd is a bit better but not great. So now because I am tired I have wellbutrin 100mg sr once a day. It seems to add a bit of help for being tired but nothing great.

Now I am wondering if I should have stuck with the cymbalta since it worked OK and didn't make me as tired.

What about zoloft or paxil for ocd/anxiety? I never got to a high dose of either because I got so tired.

Or back to cymbalta but maybe a higher dose? I read some are even taking cymbalta for add and I might have some touches of that.

HELP

I don't know about Cymbalta - never taken it - but going back to it might be an option.

Lexapro did nothing for my OCD. Other SSRIs made me lethargic. Tired Wellbutirn for energy - made OCD worse.

I'm on Zoloft 150mg and it works great for anxiety and OCD, but was leaving me lethargic and somewhat depressed. We decided to add low-dose Abilify (yes, the dreaded AAP) since it can be activating. Works like magic. Gives me energy and has wiped out me obsessive thoughts and checking behaviors.

AAPs like Zyprexa and Seroquel are often used to augment SSRIs for treatment-resistant OCD. Problem is those two will add to your lethargy. Enter Abilify. Abilify can also be sedating for some, but is activating for many. Something to consider.

Guest spiderman007

That is exactly the problem. Lethargic. I haven't found anyone else that gets it. I could likely do great on 150mg of Zoloft, if I could stop sleeping and be able to read a book and stuff an not want to nap all the time.

I have heard provigil is good for this, but wellbutrin might make you anxious. Wqhat a dilemma.

I don't know about Cymbalta - never taken it - but going back to it might be an option.

Lexapro did nothing for my OCD. Other SSRIs made me lethargic. Tired Wellbutirn for energy - made OCD worse.

I'm on Zoloft 150mg and it works great for anxiety and OCD, but was leaving me lethargic and somewhat depressed. We decided to add low-dose Abilify (yes, the dreaded AAP) since it can be activating. Works like magic. Gives me energy and has wiped out me obsessive thoughts and checking behaviors.

AAPs like Zyprexa and Seroquel are often used to augment SSRIs for treatment-resistant OCD. Problem is those two will add to your lethargy. Enter Abilify. Abilify can also be sedating for some, but is activating for many. Something to consider.

Archived