CrazyBoards.org

do people judge you for Si

Guest dragoneatscheese

Guest dragoneatscheese

hi i'm a 16 year old girl and i confotable with showing weeping scars but one of my friends give me a wristboard to cover up I know my friends want me to cover up.As the feel I have no real reasons for it and i'm 'pround' of it oe are attention seeking(yeah like)

Also i always have been asked about scars but what do you tell them and thanks for anwering

• 1 month later...

hi i'm a 16 year old girl and i confotable with showing weeping scars but one of my friends give me a wristboard to cover up I know my friends want me to cover up.As the feel I have no real reasons for it and i'm 'pround' of it oe are attention seeking(yeah like)

Also i always have been asked about scars but what do you tell them and thanks for anwering

well i think some people are just kind of uncomfortable around people who cut because they dont really get it.

• 1 month later...

I used to self injure, but I stopped this behavior about a year back. It was directly related to things going on in my life at that time. Since I am in a more loving and supportive environment, I am doing much better. I also can recognize when I am feeling the need to cut and I take any distractive measure I can to keep from doing it. I tell myself, "you don't need to do this. you are overreacting. You are not going to let this affect you so much that your hurt yourself."

I also cut out alcohol completely since when drinking I would get very depressed and feel very lonely. It was a lot easier to cut when I was intoxicated because my inhibitions were lowered and I was much more impulsive. All the bad feelings I had about myself came out when I drank.

Another thing for me, is staying away from people who upset you and may trigger your need to self injure. This is a BIG ONE.

As for the scars, they are fading and hardly noticeable unless looking up close. When people noticed in the past (when they were more visible) I would sometimes say my boyfriend had done it me in an argument and sometimes that would work. But I think most people knew I did it myself and would just not ask about it. But I would get upset when people showed disgust at what I had done. (such as the ER workers) But usually I was too drunk at the time to even care. I am really grateful those horrible chaotic times are over.

It does get better when you learn better coping skills. You have to un-learn this habit and talk to a therapist who can help you work through the issues that were making you want to hurt yourself.

I know it's hard, but hang in there. You can overcome it!

I've only shown my closest of friends and the worst reaction I had was "I always thought I was better than those people.." but they have their own issues. Everyone has been very supportive of me, but I hide it like no tomorrow.. I never want my folks or family to see, which is shwy when I have outings with them that invovle swimming (my family on one side is full of swimmers) it definitely sucks, they ask why I wear shirts to swim or why I won't go out. I always feed them some bullshit and it keeps them from going any deeper into it.

If someone did mock me for it I'd tell them to fuck off. How can you possibly judge someone based off of cutting? It would be like doing it for race, creed, sex, or orientation it's just as bad. I feel if you're ever going to beat this you have to be open to someone about it, and I refuse to be friends with someone so shallow or ignorant they can't empathize with their fellow man. Good luck with recovery and don't hesitate to post when you need to get something off your chest.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I'm 16 also, and although my close friends know about my self harm, I don't willingly show them. The hardest thing for me at the moment is people at college mocking me and making a joke out of self harm and suicide. That, I cannot deal with. I find it so hard to understand why they would judge me, when I know plenty of them have issues themselves. I generally try to ignore it, but I know that it's hard when people think you are 'proud' of what you have done and are only 'seeking attention'. If people ask you should either tell them to mind their own business or if you really know them, then I guess if you wanted to, you could tell them exactly what the scars are. But I think the safest bet is to say its a private matter, they may giggle and mock you, but I'm sure they'll soon get bored of asking. Sorry if I haven't helped at all. And sorry it's a rambly answer.

Archived