CrazyBoards.org

New Here

Hello. I am new to this forum. I found it on the Facebook group 'Mental Illness Awareness' and decided that I should join. I am 20 1/2 years old and have been dealing with anxiety since I was very young, I cannot remember when exactly. Everyone always just called me shy but when I was 18 years old I realized that all those years I was not really shy, but socially anxious. I have been dealing with depression since I was 14 years old and can relate to a fair bit of mental disorders symptoms, mainly borderline personality disorder. I have also had an eating disorder since I was 19 years old. I go back and forth between anorexia and binge eating. I have seen three different counsellors within the past two years but only one was good. She had helped me with my anxiety but now it has come back and I cannot seem to do anything about it. I might have to start seeing her again. I seen a psychologist once but he was horrible. He made me feel stupid and silly concerning my anxiety and depression and never even diagnosed me. That put me off from trying to see any one else but I know that eventually I will have to. Right now I am just too nervous. Currently I am on Effexor for my depression but it no longer seems to be working as I have been feeling sad and kind of suicidal again. So yeah, I will probably have to be put on another medication. Anyways, sorry for the life story ;) It is nice to be here. It will be nice to meet people whom I can relate to and whom can actually understand what I am going through.

Hi, Bookworm and welcome to Crazyboards. It sounds like you could use some crazy friends, so you've come to the right place.

Feel free to PM any of the mods if you need a hand with anything.

olga

Archived