CrazyBoards.org

Getting off medication

I'm still depressed and having a hard time going to work although I am better than I was this summer. But I'm on so much medication my pdoc has no idea what to do.

So we just got off Geodon (that was tough). Once I got off of it, I didn't really notice any difference.

Now we are reducing my lamictal. I haven't had a manic episode since I started the lamictal. Maybe I just have depressed swings now. He wants to get rid of a lot of my meds if not all.

Part of me is very nervous. Part of me doesn't care because I really don't feel good anyway so what's the point of all the meds. I suppose if bad things start to happen, we can start from scratch.

Just thought I'd throw that out there, see if anyone else has done this with their doctor.

Oreo

I used to be on a huge cocktail, then I switched pdocs and we reduced.

The last time I went completely med free and just with therapy it ended up not being a good thing, but that's me, not you. I don't know how you are.

I don't know if beepers can go w/out the meds, I know I can't.

I'm of the opinion that it's not a good idea, but opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one. heh.

But, you're being smart about it and doing it w/a pdoc's help. Like Martha Stewrat (yes, intentional) would say "it's a good thing!" hee hee.

Sorry for the ramble. I'm having a med adjustment issue.

Oreo, I have a friend (bipolar) who is doing exactly what you're doing, with her doctor's help. She has been on so many meds for so long that they feel like she has to go off some of them and start fresh. I think it's a valid move as long as it's carefully supervised.

I can only imagine your frustration and I hope that this will lead to a new regimen that works for you. Good luck!

olga

I don't know if beepers can go w/out the meds, I know I can't.

beepers? i like it, maddy. ;)

oreo, never been through it myself, but i wish you the best. hopefully you can find a cocktail of fewer meds that gives you better results. let us know how you're doing, ok?

bean

Archived