Lexapro dosage and the blahs

I have been taking 20 mg Lexapro for a while and went down to 10 mg yesterday so I won't run out before my next appointment.

I felt like i had more energy and ambition yesterday and it was way easier for me to get out of bed this morning.

Could it be the lexapro already?

for me lexapro never really cured the blahs.  it seems like its a better at stamping out anxiety than doing anything for depression.  and to make a dangerous generalization, it seems like what i've read from other people on it on this site  that it always leaves soemthing to be desired - it never does the whole trick.  (now all you perfectly happy people on lexapro you can throw your rocks at me)

that said, any kind of dip in the medicine can catch up to you pretty fast.  especially a 10 mg dip on lexapro, because that's a pretty big drop.  it would be similar to a 200 mg to 100 mg drop if you were on luvox. 

it took me about a month, but i finally tapered off my lexapro and have been off of it for about a month and a half.  i definitely had some bad depression through that process, but it would wear off a little bit, and then hit me again.  you just never know what's gonna happen when you change your med dose - or what problems will return, and how soon if at all.  after being off meds for a month and a half, i still don't know where i'm at mentally - if all my problems will flare up again worse than before or what.  its like waiting for an ambush.  i have a prescription for prozac waiting for me to start taking, but i'm still operating under the stupid desire that if i see it through, my brain will finally normalize. 

anyways you probably didn't want to hear my experiences, but my opinion on the dosage change: who knows.  it certainly is probably contributing to your blahs.  i'd try to get a refill as soon as possible, you don't want to have to conserve your medicine.  ask your doctor to phone it in to the pharmacy if you can.  you really want to minimize any dosage changes, because you never know what will happen.  hopefully the blahs were just a one day thing

I love my lexapro.  Well, except for the anorgasmia anyway.  I don't know if anything will make me "happy", but I am so much better now than I had been.  I switched to just wellbutrin for a while, but that didn't knock down the depression for me.  But right now, I don't cry every day and I see the world as a lovely shade of deep charcoal grey rather than black.

Tommy

Archived