CrazyBoards.org

Lamictal..lowest dose I can take?

It is effective at any lower doses in any way?

Err, why don't you tell us? Most things work differently at different dosages for different people. Maybe less than that will still do something for you. Maybe it won't. That's for you and your doctor to figure out. Even if the rest of us did know the precise neurological and chemical makeup of your brain, I don't think that field of science has advanced far enough yet to give a hard answer one way or the other without just trying it and finding out.

I'm glad you all have the best and brightest the psychiatric field has to offer in the way of pdocs, however I have someone with a mail order degree who works at a county hospital.

Now, I have to admit everyone has been incredibly friendly here lately........ ;) My posting days are over.

Just because you're cranky it doesn't mean you shouldn't post anymore.

But, if you don't want to hear any answers, don't ask any questions.

THAT would be when you don't post.

You are going to hear things you don't want to hear and not always stuff that kisses your butt and cuddles your ego.

That's not the point of being here.

So maybe take a few breaths, readdress what you really want, and post again.

WELL!!!

I was going to say to not let unthoughtful, smart alecky and disrespectful comments keep you from posting.

They are all around here. I've experienced them and written some of my own. (although, not always intentionally) Buttons get pushed sometimes.

I think that the suggested theraputic dose of Lamictal ranges from 100mg to 200mg. But, the medical field admits that the dosage should be based on the reactions & symptoms experienced by the patient.

Do some research.

;) Sunshine Outside

Sunshine outside listed the manufacturers' published effective dosage, but they also list as high as 400mg. We've had members mention being on as low as 25mg, but 50mg tends to be where people typical start to feel some effect, and we've had people on as high as 500mg.

This is something you need to work out with your pdoc. Especially something as critical as vision. You shouldn't be changing dosages without approval.

Good luck. a.m.

Archived