CrazyBoards.org

Bipolar and Cannabis

i'm a big fan.

in me, it doesn't trigger anything but chilling out. good stuff. i would probably use my benzos a LOT more frequently were it not for bud. *shrug* i know that a lot of people flip out when they have a brainful of thc, i'm just not one of them. it works for me now.

it may come back and bite me on the ass someday, but i'm willing to take that risk atm.

i quit like 6 weeks ago or so. SO glad i did. it wound me up and didnt mellow me out at all. i took WAY more benzos when i was high just to calm me down. odd, but thats the way it was for me. i also OD'd on my benzos when i was under the influence. not good stuff for me and i smoked it for nearly 25 years. i was hooked! so at least one good thing came out of my suicide attempt. im now pot-free, thankfully, and proud of it!

any thoughts?

i used to burn it a lot, but i'm pretty sure it triggers my psychosis and mania.

I quit about 2 months a go. Before I was consistently on meds that worked, it helped calm me down. It helped me to slow my mind--it helped me sleep (for a while, it was the only way I could).

Overall, I think all it did was cover things up--I mean apparently, I was having racing thoughts, but I was blocking them out with the pot.

I think people are right when they say that if you do quit, not to do it cold turkey (especially with a preexisting psychological condition). I did and I suffered the most intense spell of depression (closest to suicide I've been) I've ever experienced. But, at the same time, I don't think I'd be completely off of it had I decided to go the route of weaning. I got through it and I'm glad I did. It was fun for a while, but the novelty of it wore off about 8-months into smoking daily. I attribute it all to my one and only trip down psilocybin lane. That's not an endorsment, though.

If you can stop, do it. If nothing else, look at it as extra money for something else. I mean, I was up to about $80/wk on that shit. It's not worth it.

My son--the BPII/ADD one-has only used pot as his "med" for years, and it really seems to help him. When he takes benzo's r stuff like that, he just takes a LOT, and basically loses days. I like it in the evening, just a nice way to keep the 5 o'clock's away. but hubby wants to pass a piss test, so we are no longer. Does help the budget. NEVER made me paranoid, or psych in any way--NEVER. I am lucky I guess. But then, speed never gave me any real mania, either-just sort of straightened me out.

I am weird--

china

Archived