CrazyBoards.org

Prozac + WB + Adderall?

Guest Talia

I'm 27 and been on ADs for unipolar depression for about 10 yrs and have tried prozac, zoloft, effexor, lexapro, paxil at some point during this period but all have pooped out at some point. I'm currently taking 40mg prozac (2nd time on prozac) and 300mg wellbutrin xl -- i'm exhausted all the time and have very little motivation. I'm thinking of switching to cymbalta. Does anyone have any cymbalta + wb experiences? My other alternative would be to add adderall in the am b/c i have trouble focusing at work but i'm afraid that the prozac, wb adderal combo would be too many stimulants.

If you are exhausted right now, it may not be too much.

But the only way you will really know is to try it and see what happens. Start it on a weekend, that way you would be able to tell if it is too stimulating for you, and then after that you can see if it helps with the attention problems starting monday.

I'm 27 and been on ADs for unipolar depression for about 10 yrs and have tried prozac, zoloft, effexor, lexapro, paxil at some point during this period but all have pooped out at some point. I'm currently taking 40mg prozac (2nd time on prozac) and 300mg wellbutrin xl -- i'm exhausted all the time and have very little motivation. I'm thinking of switching to cymbalta. Does anyone have any cymbalta + wb experiences? My other alternative would be to add adderall in the am b/c i have trouble focusing at work but i'm afraid that the prozac, wb adderal combo would be too many stimulants.

hey talia,

I've been on the combination of wellbutrin and zoloft (450mg and 150mg) and I know a lot of people say that wellbutrin is supposed to be very activating but I never really experienced that myself.. I could never shake the heavy, exhausted feeling (I really think it's mostly the zoloft)-- anyway, I've been on that combo for about a year and a half (?) but added adderall about 8 months ago. it's been a godsend honestly..but that's me- it actually kinda calms down my thoughts so I can actually move forward in my day rather than being stuck in one spot not doing anything..getting started is the hard thing.

I think it's worth a shot because at least with stimulants you will be able to tell much sooner if it's going to be a positive med for you-- it's not nearly as time-intensive as tapering off prozac and up on cymbalta and then waiting to see if it helps, you know?

ita with lunarufina, try it out on a weekend when you don't have anything super-important to be doing just in case it doesn't agree with you. it's worth a shot.. if it ends up not working then you still have another option but I would put off making the major changes until you try the simpler options.

am being rambly, but hths,

m

Archived