CrazyBoards.org

I have a question. Actually two questions. One- Sometimes I start speaking gibberish for no apparent reason. During this time no one understands what I am trying to say. When this happens I get extremely delusional. I sometimes think I am a bird and could fly. I have tried in this "mode" to fly off tall objects. Luckily, my annoying brother has saved me a few times from doing something dangerous or stupid. My question is this- does this happen in schizophrenia or is it part of some other thing such as dissociation? I am aware when I do it but yet I can't help it. It just happens a few times a day and up to a few hours.

I also sometimes get confused speech but not all the time, obviously. It is so severely disorganized that no one knows what the heck I am saying. An example of it would be, "The who want to what is now the cow in the sky computer stuff error in fire stuff." Just random stuff comes to my head.

My second question is this- For those of you who experience thought insertion, do you actually "hear" the thoughts or is it like thoughts that are not yours? In my case I don't actually hear voices, I just get thoughts that an outside force such as the CIA putting thoughts into my head for no reason.

What you are describing with the jumbled speech sounds like word salad. It is part of thought disorder which is a symptom of schizophrenia.

I don't get word salad but I get inserted thoughts. Like you, I don't hear voices but I experience them as being inside my mind - thoughts I have no control over, voices from other people speaking in my head.

blackbird x

Archived