CrazyBoards.org

I am so tired from so much exercising that I feel depressed, is that possible? Having a great time on vacation, out in Utah, in the mountains. This is now day 10 of snowboarding. My body Hurts, not from falling, but from reaching it's limits.

So does my mind, I feel that fogginess, the inability to be alert right now, even though I have rested today.

Back to rest up more.

DustyJr ;)

Quite possible it's getting you down, but I'd like to remind you that you said:

"Having a great time on vacation, out in Utah, in the mountains."

Remember that this is what you're really feeling about your trip and not any of the demons that plague your head. You're having a fun time, right? If you really are just keep reminding yourself, you're in a spectacular place that a lot of people would love to be at right now. You don't have any worries at the moment except to relax and enjoy the scenery and the slopes. Don't let yourself overthink your vacation, try to just go with it and enjoy what comes along. ;)

Dusty, I will say this as gently as I can, but I think you need to face some facts.

You're not 25 any more. This may come as a shock to you, but people in their 50s can NOT go out snow-boarding or skiing all day and not get tired.

Then, you're probably a little dehydrated from that dry mountain air, and I bet you haven't been slugging back the water. And no matter how much sleep you get, intensive exercise all day long takes a toll on the body.

(I'm going to assume that you're being a good boy and taking your meds, not drinking alcohol, and getting to bed at a reasonable hour, right?)

If you're really tired, take one day off from the slopes and snooze in front of the fire.

olga

If you're really tired, take one day off from the slopes and snooze in front of the fire.

exactly what i was gonna prescribe.

one of my favorite things about being on vacation is being able to nap whenever i feel like it. ;)

sweet dreams.

bean

Quite possible it's getting you down, but I'd like to remind you that you said:

Remember that this is what you're really feeling about your trip and not any of the demons that plague your head. You're having a fun time, right? If you really are just keep reminding yourself, you're in a spectacular place that a lot of people would love to be at right now.

Yes...I am ok, it was pure exhaustion, I sleep 15 hours that day and woke up feeling refreshed. Had a good very tuff day yesterday here in over two foot of snow and I am now exhausted again. AH.....REST DAY TODAY.

Meds are working well, not too much drinking, just fluids and low cal Gatoraid.

Thanks Everyone,

Dusty ;)

Dusty :)

You horrible little man! You are just trying to make us all envious! And it's working!!! :)

nOWAY nO hOW WAS I. ;) . nOW i Am BaCK hOME! blahhhhhhhhh. nj, fLATS.

I never knew that being exausted with altitude sickness could be so much like depression. Maybe

my systems were crashing down into the abyss.

At least the abyss was filled with soft fluffy DeEp Utah's greatest snow on earth. ^_^

DustyJr

I never knew that being exausted with altitude sickness could be so much like depression. Maybe my systems were crashing down into the abyss.

Really? For all the boarding you do, you didn't know that? Did you remember to take your aspirin's in the morning? Sure fire cure for altitude sickness. And of course I have to bust your hump about it - that's what you get for torturing us all with your tales of deep powder and beautiful Utah skies. Welcome back to sunny NJ (not!).

I never knew that being exausted with altitude sickness could be so much like depression. Maybe my systems were crashing down into the abyss.

Really?

A good spanking for DR for being such a naughty boy! Now who's your Daddy???

that's what you get for torturing us all with your tales of deep powder and beautiful Utah skies. Welcome back to sunny NJ (not!).

Yes, Dangercurls, I think Mor-moms all carry a little paddle waddle, for the unbraggadocio deep steep aficionado boys in all of us ;) .

Archived