What time do you take Abilify?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What time do you take Abilify?

• AM
    • PM

I started Abilify a couple of weeks ago and took it in the morning as it was activating. Now I'm really drowsy and think I should take it at night. Curious to see what your experience is.

Thanks,

Bob

Abilify: 5mg Morning

Risperdal: .125mg Bedtime

Lamictal: 100mg Morning

• 3 weeks later...

I originally was taking it in the morning, but it was making me somewhat drowsy during the day. I would doze off on my breaks at work. I just started to take it at night now. I'm on 2.5mg/day (which is more like 5mg because the Luvox I take doubles the amount of Abilify in bloodstream, I believe).

I take 15mg of Abilify at night. I think it initally makes me sleepy then later (by morning) it activates. If that can be.

fred-c

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Same here.  I take it at night and get a good night's sleep and am raring to go in the morning.  I only take 1.25 (quarter of a 5 mg pill) since I'm super sensitive.

I'm back on Abilify 30mg's and take it at bedtime.  Knocks me right out.

I have a question, does anyone get hungry binges while being on it or stomach pains?

It's actually working for me and I'm not turing into a psycho, but I've noticed that I'm always hungry now.  If I don't eat before taking my pill, I get really sick in the stomach.

Elizabeth

I have a question, does anyone get hungry binges while being on it or stomach pains?

Hungry binges, definitely yes, still get it bad after having been on Abilify for 8 months. No stomach pains, but I rarely get that from meds anyway.

Archived