CrazyBoards.org

I have been having a real problem at work recently and I wondered if anyone with schiophrenia or schizoaffective or general paranoia issues could identify. I think my co-workers are conspiring against me, sabotaging my work, listening in on my thoughts. I hear them talking and even the most innocent things seem to refer to me. This is not good because work was always a safe haven for me until the nurse paranoia. Now it has transferred to my co-workers. It is not helped by the fact that it is a very physical and non-intellect involving clerical job - it stimulates my bad thoughts.

What I won't to do is stay at home where I feel safe and concentrate on my writing. I have had publishing offers for the book I wrote and I am just waiting to see what the best deal is. I also just want to study all day - do my BA and PhD, Intellectual activity is the only way I can keep the demons and paranoia away. Right now I feel I am capable of wondrous intellectual feats but coping in a part time minimum wage clerical job is doing me in paranoia wise. But I need to work to pay for education even though i feel being on sickness benefit would save my mind

Edit - of course "identify" can mean "empathise".. duh, I was being dense. But you get the idea - what worried me in your post was how real you were presenting the paranoid ideations as

I have been having a real problem at work recently and I wondered if anyone with schiophrenia or schizoaffective or general paranoia issues could identify.

"identify"? Doubtless you meant something like "empathise" or the word I can't think of that sounds like "identify" but perhaps you made a freudian slip? Your paranoia sounds like it is growing and you want to identify the whys and hows of something that 99% of us are going to call an outright delusion. Hopefully you still have some perspective - you are stil able to call it "paranoia" anyway. I've been there myself - to the point where I had absolutely no "real world" perspective - and the only solution I found was the right anti-psychotic. By coincidence last night I was surfing erowid.org looking at reports on various anti-psychotics and I found someone who like you, was taking an atypical, which wasn't completely working; they added haldol and their situation improved dramatically with the paranoia and voices reduced to a level they found acceptable. I believe you've been considering adding haldol and have found it beneficial in the past? Perhaps it's time to get a new prescription for it as soon as possible before things escalate.

The only problem with Haldol is that it pushes me into premature menopause, but maybe 0.5mgs per day might be ok?

I've had a good couple of days - no heavy interference from the nurses and no conspiracy thoughts about my co-workers.

It's very up and down with me, some days are better than others. On the bad days I just gobble down lorazepam ;)

Archived