CrazyBoards.org

I had read on other sites that a certain side effect occurs from a low to medium dose such as tiredness and what have you. The possibility for developing diabetes may occur in a high dose long term. So my question is what is considered a low dose, medium dose and high dose in mgs.

thanks

take care

trg247

As far as I know the low end doses, which are generally used for sleep, are 12.5 - 50mg. The ceiling dose is 800mg, which I use both for its anti-psychotic properties AND for sleep. Anything lower and I'll stay up for all hours. So as usual, everyone's mileage on this med varies. The common wisdom is that the sleep-inducing action decreases as the dose goes up, but that's not true for us all.

I've been on 800mg for over a year now, haven't gained weight and haven't developed diabetes.

I found that, in the beginning, 25mg knocked me on my ass, as it would anyone who is not used to taking Seroquel.

But even after months on the drug, I was far more sedated at 300mg than I am now, at 100mg. 100mg might be considered "low" for some people, but for me, it is the perfect amount.

To answer your question, I think high, medium and low doses will vary from person to person. You can start by following your pdoc's guidelines, and then experiment until you find a dose that keeps you stable and allows you to function without sedation.

I use 50mg three times a day for keeping anger/anxiety at bay. It has an activating effect on me, doesn't make me sleepy at all. I take 400mg at night, and it helps me sleep, though not through the night. 600mg knocks me out cold.

YMMV.

i take 300 mg. a night and it knocks me out.... i even experience sleepwalking and have probs telling what is real and what i have dreamt. i havent been on it long enough to tell u about the diabetes though.....

I had read on other sites that a certain side effect occurs from a low to medium dose such as tiredness and what have you. The possibility for developing diabetes may occur in a high dose long term. So my question is what is considered a low dose, medium dose and high dose in mgs.

thanks

take care

trg247

Archived