CrazyBoards.org

About to give up and go home

Dear everyone,

My family and I (we have 4 kids) moved away from my wife's family in MI about 1 year ago. I feel very close to them. Since moving my depression has gotten worse then more manageable. I started hearing voices that told me to do things to myself etc. This has become more manageable because of the Risperdal. All that said, money is VERY tight and we have considered moving back for a while. I work 50+ hours a week and my wife works 20+, and we can't seem to make ends meet because we lost a considerable amount on our house in MI. We live in a 2bd apt. here and can barely make it. And we miss the help we had with the kids etc. There are some job opportunities there, but many are not willing to look at me since I live more than 1500 miles away. Dare we take a leap and move back for my and my wife's mental and physical health? Insurance is a big issue, they do have gov help for the kids and there are gov opportunities for mine. Just curious what you all think.

Consider me Considering

Manny

Manny,

I remember from your posts in the past, that I thought that it would best if you would seriously consider going home. I can't remember all of the advantages and disadvantages, but if the move would truly help improve your mental health as well as your wife's, then I would think that it would be the first order of business.

Sincerely,

Sunshine Outside

Manny,

I am glad to hear from you again, I have often thought of you and your family and hoped that you are okay.

If living back in your previous area is cheaper for living costs and better for your family in terms of mental health, then go. A job might not be guaranteed, but jobs do come up. The hours you both work will cost your marriage, your kids health, and your health. No house is worth that.

Go, and may it be a big success.

Archived